logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lance  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 1:08:06 AM(UTC)
lance

Groups: Registered

could someone plz explain the difference between a premium kettle and an induction kettle?
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 2:52:28 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

"In Brewhaus parlance I believe the Premium Kettle is the large 15 gallon milk bucket boiler..as opposed to the 8 gallon model which comes standard. Would take a wild guess the Induction Kettle would be one which would work with an inductive heat source i.e. hotplate or cooktop. Seems like there was a thread about inductive heating on here recently. I tried to do a little research on the process and found the underlying science can get a little complicated. Did manage to figure out the bottom of the boiler had to match up real close to the size of the inductive hot plate and the boiler must be made out of the right material. Was under the impression SS would work on it but apparently not. It has to be a material which a magnet will stick to. Magnets dont stick to SS. Sure there is somebody out there in the audience who knows all about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_heating

Originally Posted by: lance Go to Quoted Post
could someone plz explain the difference between a premium kettle and an induction kettle?
"
Offline ohyeahyeah  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 12:39:39 PM(UTC)
ohyeahyeah

Actually you can get the 8 gallon in standard, induction of premium. The 15gal only comes in premium model. Id be lying if i told you i know the difference beyond the obvious that the premium is a polished finish and the induction not.
Offline Bayou-Ruler  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 12:57:33 PM(UTC)
Bayou-Ruler

Man
United States

"
Originally Posted by: lance Go to Quoted Post

per Brewhaus blog:

the Induction kettle is made from a different grade of stainless steel to work with induction cookers. The new Induction kettle still works with conventional heat sources"
Bayou Ethanol
AFP-LA-15027
www.bayouethanol.com
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 2:10:27 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the input folks. Wished I had been given this induction option when I bought my stuff. Seems highly kewlish. Never heard a peep about it. Notice they still not showing any induction heaters. Anybody know the best option on the conductive hotplate?
Offline Fusefinder  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:46:35 AM(UTC)
Fusefinder

"I have an 1800 watt induction cook plate. It is all digital with a preset temp ranges (100-450) and power ranges 1-10 (2=500 watts 3=800 watts) 2 is OK a bit slow and 3 is a bit fast. No fine control.
Manufacture's weight limit is 50lbs on the cooktop (glass) It is cool to the touch within 2 minutes of removing pot, only the target area seems to me hot, not the base.
It has a target surface that is 10"" in diameter and a 12"" x 13"" overall area. I use a 12 qt pot 10"" and a 20 qt pot which is 12"" diameter they both do very well...here is the kicker.

The manufacture shipped a magnet and stated the magnet must be able to stick to the cooking surface for their product to work.
I have a 12 qt stainless pot that the magnet sticks to and one that it doesn't. I used the first one until I inadvertently picked up the other one and it still works. I tried the 20 qt pot I had that the magnet will not stick to and it works very well. I tried using the diffuser plate that comes with the induction heater (a 8"" x 1/4"" disc) and it takes forever to heat...I quit before it ever boiled.
With the 12 qt pot I started dripping with a 70 deg wash at 70 deg outside temp in about 30 minutes. The 20 qt was 70 deg water, the outside temp was 50-60 deg it took about 50 min...that was tap water on the test run."
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 5:08:25 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the info about that.