logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bayou-Ruler  
#21 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 11:27:11 AM(UTC)
Bayou-Ruler

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Originally Posted by: flht01 Go to Quoted Post
I'm filling out the property diagram with the still location and have a question. Does the building/shed for the still and product storage have to be solely dedicated to distilling or can it be an area within a shop?

Just list the shop as the "Still Shed/Storage"
Bayou Ethanol
AFP-LA-15027
www.bayouethanol.com
Offline flht01  
#22 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 11:40:35 AM(UTC)
flht01

Originally Posted by: Bayou-Ruler Go to Quoted Post
Just list the shop as the "Still Shed/Storage"

Ok, Thanks.
Offline flht01  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:46:49 PM(UTC)
flht01

I've been reading the guidelines on the AFP permit (small plant) and could use some guidance or tips on keeping records of production throughout the year. Unless I missed something, the exact requirements for the documentation seemed a bit unclear (at least to me). I'm not going to be moving any product out of the storage area, just using it for my personal equipment, mowers, generators etc...
Offline flht01  
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 3:31:21 PM(UTC)
flht01

I have a quick question regarding the definition of wine gallon and how it"s used.
From the TTB website, their definition of proof gallons and wine gallons are:

Quote:

Proof: A measure of the amount of ethanol in distilled spirits. Proof is twice the percentage of ethanol by volume. For example, 95% ethanol by volume is 190 proof ethanol.
Proof gallon: The official definition (as found in 27 CFR 19.11 (http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=f29b8f8c012d2038dfda64f48ff8c7b9&rgn=div8&view=text&node=27:1.0.1.1.15.2.144.1&idno=27)) is a gallon of liquid at 60 degrees Fahrenheit which contains 50 percent by volume of ethyl alcohol having a specific gravity of 0.7939 at 60 degrees Fahrenheit referred to water at 60 degrees Fahrenheit as unity, or the alcoholic equivalent thereof.

To calculate proof gallons from wine gallons, use the following formula:
(Proof ÷ 100) × wine gallons = proof gallons
Example: (80 proof ÷ 100) × 1 wine gallon = 0.8 proof gallons
Recovered spirits: Taxpaid spirits that have been salvaged, after use in the manufacture of a product or ingredient, so that the spirits are reusable.
Unfit for beverage purposes: The average person would not mistake the product for an alcoholic beverage.
Wine gallon: Common measure of volume containing 128 liquid ounces, regardless of ethanol content.

I got the definitions above from http://www.ttb.gov/ssd/dbmenu1sub1.shtml

If I"m reading this right, where the AFP form ask for wine gallons quantities (under the fuel transactions section) you would just enter the actual amount produced (regardless of proof) and the records kept throughout the year would document the actual proof gallons made.

Am I on the right track?