logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline smokeymtnbill  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 1:53:44 PM(UTC)
smokeymtnbill

Groups: Registered

My wife has been amused with my intrest in distilling. I think she never thought I would follow through with all my research.Wink Well I started my first sugar wash and had to put it in the spare bathroom for temp reasons. I told her it would smell like bread dough:) Well she dosent think so and then she found all my brewhaus receiptsOhMyGod I sure hope the trip to the jewelry store works. Man this hobby may be more dangerous than I thought, but it sure is fun. Thanks to all for all the info you post for us rookies.
Offline hawkeyewanabe  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 5:33:38 PM(UTC)
hawkeyewanabe

My wife loves my distilling, once she started drinking it. You gotta get some of that liquor in her, ASAP! BigGrin
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 5:41:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Well I feel your pain. This has to be the most complicated hobby I ever tried. I have done spent around a thousand bucks and still dont have a still. Hey that rhymes. Now on my end Mama thinks it a big improvement on some of my other more nefarious hobbies..wink wink.
Offline smokeymtnbill  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 6:36:27 AM(UTC)
smokeymtnbill

bigwheel, just wait till a still shows up and she beats you home to find it first. That one was dinner and a pair of shoesBigGrin. Although I did really like her in those shoesCool
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 10:42:46 AM(UTC)

Wow could see how that be costly on the timing lol. Now the thing to do is maybe instruct her how to operate the moonshinery and you could lay up under a shade tree in your recliner/hammock and wait for her to serve you mint juleps or whatever. Wearing the cute shoes of course. I like the sound of this deal.
Offline KrY0 814  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 05, 2012 2:29:12 PM(UTC)
KrY0 814

does every mans wife have a shit fit when we tell them this is our new hobbie or what seriously!!!!!!
Offline fullhouse  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 10:16:43 AM(UTC)
fullhouse

mine gave me a funny look when i told her what i wanted to do..then she asked if i would be able to make more home made Kahlua i usually make it with everclear but the recipe i have is pretty intense and a long process...but i told her of coarse i can ....any one have a quick Kahlua recipe??? lol
#8 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 1:02:19 PM(UTC)

Well if you had asked about Irish Cream I coulda gave you a wee dram of help:) I knew a guy who made his own Kaluah but that was as close as I got. I think his had instant coffee and vodka in it.
Offline flipskid  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 5:35:02 PM(UTC)
flipskid

alaskan bootlegger has some recipes for everything. i thought at first the dinner and shoes were for him:)
Offline rasher  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:42:17 AM(UTC)
rasher

My wife's almost as excited to get started as I am. She's gonna do most of the mashing and I'm gonna run the still. If it involves booze, she's down!
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:42:04 AM(UTC)

Hmmm..all mine does is nag. Now this thread is where everybody is just kidding around right? Good joke..lol. If not..your a fortunate young man. I have a missing half gallon of proofed 120 white dawg which I cant recall if somebody swiped it or it went into the bourbon making jars. What is a Mother to do? Can shine give a person a bad memory? Thanks.