logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline muadib2001  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 12:31:08 PM(UTC)
muadib2001

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by fatboylo
"HAHAHHHAHAH if u r worried bout lossing that much sweat?????????? U shouldn't be!!!!!!!! My o pin yawn!!!!! As Big would say!!!!! But thats just me!!!!!!!!Tongue Thats how I run my pot now and never get a hint........unles my lid ain't sealed!!!!!!!BigGrin"

Originally Posted by Bushy
"GEEEE what a well thought out reply. I use propane and would like to keep my well groomed beard."

I agree with Bushy. Fatboylo, if you ever get a vapor leak and it builds up, you will not like how your day ends up. Why are we supposed to do a water test after we build our still? To check for leaks! And what does a 2" Tri Clover Gasket Silicone cost? $1.25 Cheap insurance, if you ask me.
Offline heeler  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:47:10 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
This thread has drifted away form --attatching a column to a keg-- if there is no more knowledgable info on this subject then take it to another thread or the just for fun forum. Someone coming here looking for intelligent attainable knowledge will be dissapointed to have read this far and see that they are still looking for something usable. Thx.
Offline fatboylo  
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2012 3:30:23 AM(UTC)
fatboylo

If using 2' column on a 15 gal beer keg, what size ferrell and tri clamp do I need to purchase? Are they all the same size?
#24 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2012 4:16:07 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Think they come in different sizes up to four inch maybe..know they go up to 3" for sure. Think you bound to need 2" stuff.
Offline heeler  
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 12:37:44 PM(UTC)
heeler

purchase on this site -- 2" ferrel with a 2" column and you can just soldier it to your tower. Then of course the tri-clamp is 2" also. Thats the fastest and easiest wat to connect it. Go back to the homepage and look under still excessories.
#26 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 5:04:55 AM(UTC)

Now my drunk welder pal from down at the Sports Grill? claims trying to solder copper to SS aint a good plan...but but but..some around who say you can. I'm a bit conflicted. Notice on your previous photo of the ferrel hook up seemed to be SS to a SS tower. Or was just the way the light was shining on it? Gives us the scoop. Thanks.
Offline fatboylo  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 5:53:27 AM(UTC)
fatboylo

Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Now my drunk welder pal from down at the Sports Grill? claims trying to solder copper to SS aint a good plan...but but but..some around who say you can. I'm a bit conflicted. Notice on your previous photo of the ferrel hook up seemed to be SS to a SS tower. Or was just the way the light was shining on it? Gives us the scoop. Thanks.

Well, Big I think the key operative here is drunk welder.......lol My pot has a copper reciever welded right on to my SS pot........don't know if it's a good Idea, but works like a champ!!!!!!!
Offline fatboylo  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 5:54:35 AM(UTC)
fatboylo

Originally Posted by: heeler Go to Quoted Post
purchase on this site -- 2" ferrel with a 2" column and you can just soldier it to your tower. Then of course the tri-clamp is 2" also. Thats the fastest and easiest wat to connect it. Go back to the homepage and look under still excessories.

Thanks Heller, thats gonna come in right handy, and just what I needed to hear. Thanks!!!!!!!!
#29 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 6:28:40 AM(UTC)

Okkkaayyy. Now I got to go tell him yall are welding that stuff together. lol.
Offline heeler  
#30 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 12:51:32 PM(UTC)
heeler

yes it can be done, if you look at the connection of my tower stand -- thats a 2" ferrel soldiered to a copper 2" coupling. I promise it works like a champ. Just like weld.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:18:58 AM(UTC)

Do it have any exceptional corrosion issues where the pieces are joined? Dissimilar metals..galvanic interactions..batteries..acidic liquids/vapors etc. Guessing not or you bound to have done tole us right? I am going to eat that drunk welders coola out good on boys afternoon out with the guys tomorrow. Might just walk in there and biotch slap him off the bar stool for fibbing to me like that. Thinking on my high dollar hook up kit where the copper female solders to the tower and then screws to the SS male gizmo..a person could at least unscrew it and store it separately. Just take a few wraps of Teflon tape on the threads to put it back together. Unless a person was drunk and got it crossed threaded or something. Too late to take it back..guess it might be used one fine day. Hopefully. Not that I need it. Prob just peddle it if a customer with money happen to show up. Kindly keep an eye peeled for perspective proud owners. Thanks.
Offline heeler  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:56:52 AM(UTC)
heeler

"Do it have any exceptional corrosion issues where the pieces are joined? Dissimilar metals..galvanic interactions..batteries..acidic liquids/vapors etc.

what does batteries and galvanic interactions (galvanized metals) have to do with copper and SS????

Or could it be that I'm dead from the joining of the diff metals and I'm blogging from the great beyond, I know maybe stop taking advice from a drunk plumber!!"
Offline heeler  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:14:45 PM(UTC)
heeler

hey if you got facts we can all use then by all means - please post them!!!
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:41:54 PM(UTC)

Done figgered out this is a situational deal. I spent all day grilling each drunk welder or reasonable facsimile available. The only one who does it for a living say it aint muy stalewiener so to speak. The other drunks seemed to think it would work. Whut is a Mother to do?
Offline johnnyapplepie  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:48:09 AM(UTC)
johnnyapplepie

Well I'm glad that I found this thread. I was gonna research how to connect my 2" column to a 15.5 keg but no need I found the answer I needed right here.