logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Joshs  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2011 3:00:34 PM(UTC)
Joshs

Groups: Registered

Dose anyone have pictures or their stills? I want to build one but realy don't know where to start.
Offline div4gold  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:15:19 PM(UTC)
div4gold

Check out the proven commercial ones like the Brewhaus High capacity, it works great and is easy to clean up. That will be important to you if you happen onto a design that is a pain to take apart and clean.
Offline Sparky  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:44:06 PM(UTC)
Sparky

Here ya go, My 30 gallon boiler with my reflux column and my pot still setup with Thumper Keg attached.
Sparky attached the following image(s):
Reflux%20StillAA.JPG (20kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Thumper%20KegAA.JPG (20kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#4 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2012 10:05:27 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I tend to agree with Div. Unless your Pa Pa is an old retired plumber with some free copper laying around it bound to be cheaper and less headache to buy one. This is sorta what mine looks like: http://www.brewhaus.com/Essenti...ity-Column-P1019C96.aspx. I love it. Keeps me out of the titty bars..lol. PS Edit..Actually I got the complete kit which shown here: http://www.brewhaus.com/Essenti...-Distiller-P1017C96.aspx. Also snagged the big milk bucket and the 1500 Watt hotplate.
Offline JrockDragon  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 4:36:01 AM(UTC)
JrockDragon

"This is my first still. It was a work in progress but now it seems to work great.I'm going to try to add some pics. I just added one of those proof checking Parrot. I'm on the first run with the parrot right now and so far it's working great. The tower is 2"" copper packed with copper mesh and the other half is ceramic rings,it's 4 feet tall.
Well adding pics takes a degree in computers to figure out so I'll have to ask the ol lady to help me.lol"
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:03:36 AM(UTC)

Sounds like your cooking with gas so to speak. Congrats. I got drug into a place called Garden Ridge yesterday. They sell all kinds of yup hobby and outdoorsy patio type stuff. They had a big selection of useable glass ware. Bought a real nice tall skinny glass jar for 2.99. Hoping it will work ok for proofing. Bound to work better than what I been using anyway.
Offline scotty  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:46:59 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

"My BH rig is reliable and efficient. All stainless so i leave it on the porch

UserPostedImage"
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 10:08:04 AM(UTC)

Thinking maybe that operation could stand a few more tables. Let me know. I got some for sale. Thanks. Actually the tables are free..it just be the old shipping and handling fees which could drive up the price past zero a little.
Offline scotty  
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:51:45 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

"
Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Thinking maybe that operation could stand a few more tables. Let me know. I got some for sale. Thanks. Actually the tables are free..it just be the old shipping and handling fees which could drive up the price past zero a little.

I need 1 more 4 foot max folding table to replace the one that my dear lady stole to use for reading."
Offline JrockDragon  
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:00:52 PM(UTC)
JrockDragon

I use the beaker for proofing. First the hooch goes into a half gallon pitcher, not skinny enough to proof in so I use my beaker. It works well, I have to go back and forth from pitcher to beaker , cup of water at a time. That's how I did it today actually. I'm always on the lookout for a better way though
Offline ohyeahyeah  
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 5:57:35 PM(UTC)
ohyeahyeah

"
Originally Posted by: Sparky Go to Quoted Post
Here ya go, My 30 gallon boiler with my reflux column and my pot still setup with Thumper Keg attached.

Nice. So what do you use the thumper for? Rum and such?"