logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mtnwalker2  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 3:24:22 AM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

Groups: Registered

"Its that time of year again.

The other day was just perfect for an outside run. I had a sweet oats batch all ready. Took it out and started the rack into the boiler. Within minutes the whole place was aswarm with yellow jackets. I mean by the hundreds. They wanted to just dive into that brew and get their fill. Grabbed some towels and covered things best I could but some had already made it in there.

When finished racking, I put the tri clamp handy on the key and quickly reached for the tower. They were diveing in like crazy. Got the column in place and had to shake 4 off the triclamp to get it on. The air was thick with them. Lit the fire and they kinda disapeered. When foreshots started, I went to get a cup of coffee. By the time I got back, they beat me back. There were already 8 or more in the collection jar. Went and got some narrow necked gal. jugs and switched the collection hose into that. 2 got in before I could wrap towels around it.

The queens have quite laying for the year and they are starving for something sweet.

Haven't tried my Komakazi schnapps yet."
Offline mountainsparky  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 10:18:51 AM(UTC)
mountainsparky

Groups: Registered

Better hold off till the real cold sets in:) I was in Eastern Ky. this weekend and the frost was heavy enough to turn the top sides of my navy blue truck white. Sure it was the same where ya rest. They are gathering for the on set of winter.