logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cooker  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 1:35:13 AM(UTC)
cooker

Groups: Registered

"I seem to have lost this recipe and method. Can anyone or does someone have it.
Thanks JIm"
Offline mtnwalker2  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 07, 2009 9:16:47 AM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

"
Originally Posted by: cooker Go to Quoted Post
I seem to have lost this recipe and method. Can anyone or does someone have it.
Thanks JIm

He actually posted dozens. Here is one that I used many times, but source of corn sugar dried up, except real expensive packs. Just do a search for elricko, you had it spelled wrong.

Here is one;

Elricko
Guest Posts: n/a

Okay gang, the definitive answ

Okay gang, the definitive answer is in. The final product in my corn sugar wash resulted in a distillant that has a sweet corn flavor even stronger than the ""white dog"" we tasted when we toured the Four Roses distillery in Kentucky. So if you are looking for a sweet corn flavor in your end product, or if you are looking to create whiskey, bourbon, or any other corn based liquor, it is worth the effort and will behoove you to make your next batch with pure corn sugar. I used 15 lbs of corn sugar, 6.5 gallons of water, and Mile-hi Turbo 48. I used Super-Klear to clerify it. You will get a little less total alcohol, about 1% less than cain sugar. I can imagine how this stuff will taste after sitting in an oak barrel for a few months!

My next three projects will be brown sugar, a 2 row barley infusion mash wash, and a wheat mash made from liquid extract. Not necessarily in that order. I will keep you posted.

Elricko"
Offline cooker  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:47:00 AM(UTC)
cooker

"Mtn. walker;
I searched all over but haven't been able to find the actual break down for ingredients for say a 5 or 10 gallon mash of rum. Could you give the quantities for rum, how much mollases, dark brown sugar and whether say 1118 yeat or rum turbo. I have some rum turbo and 1118.
Thanks Jim"
Offline mtnwalker2  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:03:55 AM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

"Jim,

Haven't made it in years, Not much of a rum drinker.

Here is a link to a thread that I think will answer many of your issues.

http://www.artisan-distiller.ne...wtopic.php?f=5&t=461"
Offline cooker  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 4:37:28 AM(UTC)
cooker

"Mtn. Walker:
Thanks for looking, I am sure I will come up with something with the different things I have come accross. I let you know.
Thanks Jim"
Offline heeler  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 4:43:06 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Where would one get --- pure corn sugar?? I've seen corn syrup - corn fructose - but granulated corn sugar eludes me. Can anyone help????
Offline mtnwalker2  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:08:10 AM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

"
Originally Posted by: heeler Go to Quoted Post
Where would one get --- pure corn sugar?? I've seen corn syrup - corn fructose - but granulated corn sugar eludes me. Can anyone help????

Brewhaus carries it, but is pricey with the shipping. Most grocery stores will order and stock it if asked. Get case priceing.

You can basically achieve the same result by inverting the sugar, boiling it with an acid like a teaspoon of citric acid for 15 min. Converts it to dextrose and fructose which is what corn sugar is. Also, High fructose corn syrup, which is crap to eat but distills well and is cheap in 60# buckets."