logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline robpur  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:25:19 PM(UTC)
robpur

Groups: Registered

"Ratflinger, what a name. It brings to mind images of an overweight man wearing shorts, sitting in a too-small fold up chair in the middle of an old barn, while watching his still run. Meanwhile, the rats are frantically running around on the dirt and straw floor forraging for corn and other grains that the man sloppily spilled on the ground while making his mash. The man grabs the rats by the tail as they try to climb his bare legs, and flings them against the walls of the barn. Some of the rats go through the large spaces between the boards that make up the walls, while others bounce off the wall and head back toward the man in anger.

Or something like that :-)"
Offline just_me  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 8:47:06 AM(UTC)
just_me

what is the point of this post? all i have ever known Ratflinger to do is help others.
Offline robpur  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 10:15:45 AM(UTC)
robpur

"The message was posted to the ""Just for fun"" area of the board, and that was the purpose. It was meant to be a colorful commentary on the name ""ratflinger"", which I found comical, and not about the person who uses that name.

Sorry if you found it offensive."
Offline mtnwalker2  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 10:37:25 AM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

"I enjoyed the picture for fun. I'm sure Ratflinger did also. Yes, if you didn't catch the just for fun entry, you might conceive it as a put down. Didn't strike me that way at all.

My Scotch essence for flavor was posted in the same context.

Oldasthehills,andtwiceasdusty.ThinkImaychangemymonikertoRatTrap!"
Offline just_me  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:34:26 AM(UTC)
just_me

i am now officially my father. as i get older i seem to take offense easier. thank you for taking the time to explain and no i didn't pay any attention to the "just for fun" area. welcome to the group. don't be shy about asking any questions.
Offline mtnwalker2  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:28:06 PM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

"
Originally Posted by: just_me Go to Quoted Post
i am now officially my father. as i get older i seem to take offense easier. thank you for taking the time to explain and no i didn't pay any attention to the ""just for fun"" area. welcome to the group. don't be shy about asking any questions.

I got a good laugh out of that. I went through the ""like my dad stage"", but very soon graduated to the ""like my grandfather"" stage. Thats the best. You can enjoy the young Pups, encourage them in mischief, explore their world beyond confinement, broaden their horizons, then give them back to their parents. HE HE!

Get ready for the next stage, it's diabolical fun. Especially when the dad says where did you learn to do that? ""Grandaddy taught me"". What can I say.

Enjoyingthefreedomofmyolderage.John"
Offline jblood05  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2009 2:14:52 AM(UTC)
jblood05

Seems to me alot of people just look for ways to be offended even if it doesn't concern them.
Offline Tod  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 02, 2009 4:53:51 AM(UTC)
Tod

"
Originally Posted by: mtnwalker2 Go to Quoted Post
I got a good laugh out of that. I went through the ""like my dad stage"", but very soon graduated to the ""like my grandfather"" stage. Thats the best. You can enjoy the young Pups, encourage them in mischief, explore their world beyond confinement, broaden their horizons, then give them back to their parents. HE HE!

Get ready for the next stage, it's diabolical fun. Especially when the dad says where did you learn to do that? ""Grandaddy taught me"". What can I say.

Enjoyingthefreedomofmyolderage.John

I wish I had a dollar for every time the wife and kids have told me I am ""just like my father"". Unfortunately I don't know about my grandparents as the last one died when I was very young, but I am enjoying spoiling the grand kids way to much. Especially getting them hyped up on sugar till they are bouncing off the walls before sending them home to Mom and Dad LOL.

Tod"
Offline ratflinger  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2009 7:54:39 AM(UTC)
ratflinger

"It's cool, no offense was taken, but I do appreciate others taking up for me. Kind of a funny image anyway.

Took that name a long time ago, had some rats coming into the yard from an open field so I trapped them. Heaved one over the backyard fence & it hung on a barb on the top strand of a fence, much like you see coyotes hung up. The wife said I was quite a rat flinger - so there you are. Guaranteed that when I join a new forum I don't have any competition for my screen name. BigGrin"
Offline robpur  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2009 8:25:56 AM(UTC)
robpur

Thanks for the back-story. I was wondering if there was a story behind the name or if it was just made up. Great name for this kind of forum!
Offline old stump juicer  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 1:39:03 PM(UTC)
old stump juicer

"Ratflinger, I 'm and old geizer and I love totally ruining my two grandaughters and spending time with them.Just this evening I spent two hours in the creek letting them swim to me while their parents sat on the bank and watched, then the parents don't seem to understand why the girls want to stay at papa and mama's house all the time.
Papa and Mama are the source of their puppies,pet rabbits and gunia pigs, also their bicycles and the computer they play games on, also the ones who pay to have the girls ears pierced(when they are sure they want it done).
We may have some unique names but we are some unique and special people,as we get old we finally realise what is important and of true value in life.
And besides I like your name."
Offline LWTCS  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 8:45:51 AM(UTC)
LWTCS

"I was reminded of the Florida Panthers hockey team.

The first year they put forth a good challenge. Every time they scored the fans would toss rubber rats upon the ice.
Story has it as I recall, one of the players took a slap shot on a live one scampering across the locker room floor. Press got hold of the incodent and the rest was history.

Good a handle as any.

No worries just_me"
Offline JDEE  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 08, 2011 5:04:22 PM(UTC)
JDEE

Smile........You guys are great, keep it up. thanks