logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline scotty  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:15:41 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

"I hope to make my first ever run tomorrow at 7 am((( CMPLETED THIS MORNING))

there is a remote thermometer and im running in pot mode

UserPostedImage

I'm a green horn so i'm running a parrot
We insulated the boiler and tower
i also have a thermo well in which we are using an electronic switch to turn the 1500 watt hot plate on and off.
I have the stat set for 212 degF ((I hope that works For the low wines run))
The diferential is 1 degree--

Ill hook up the condenser cooling water tomorrow while the boiler is heating up

UserPostedImage

I have 2 other batches of the same stuff to run. Should i throw feints from previous runs in them??

first run ever finished

I dumped the plastic on the end of the parrot but i'm using alcohol resistant tubings on both the feed and output--It's from my wine making hobby.

The run took about 4 hours from room temp. The total yield including feints was over a gallon. this does not include the first 200 ml i tossed to weed killer bottle.

the mid run was a bit over 3 fifths

My johnson temp controll kept the boiler at about 211 degrees durng the run. i will still bypas the hot plate controll later.

i want to valve the still so i can controll the water flow both to the worm and to the reflux lines.

I was not running water through them this run.
My mile high refulux still seems a bit of a joke in the design of the ((2 only)) cris crossing tubes.
I think if I wrapt that portion of the tower with copper tubing, valve it and hook it is series with the existing tubes it may operate better.
I havent even tried reflux yet but just dont see the design as working as well as those beautifull hand made foot ling reflux coils

I did notice that my head temp was too high right from the start and went to about 190F for the entire run. i put a fan on it to no avail-- yhe output did almost stop at 207 head temp.

I took plenty of notes.
I have 2 more batches of the same wash to run. Ill do that tomorrow and the next day.

Thanks for all the input and also the forthcoming comments on this post too. BigGrin"