logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mountainsparky  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2009 10:34:46 PM(UTC)
mountainsparky

Groups: Registered

If I purchase, are sales reported to any entity connected with the government? Are shipping addresses submitted to any governmental agency? Confused I am and shall always remain one very distrustful Appalachian and for good reason. It is taught to us from birth to remain secretiveCursing
Offline mountainsparky  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:09:15 AM(UTC)
mountainsparky

So far not so good. No responses. Hmmmmmmmm.
Offline Arkie  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 10:17:29 AM(UTC)
Arkie

"It's not illegal to own distilling equipment for distilling water and essential oils. BigGrin

Edited to add...Your post and signature tells me where you're from. You seem a little forward and backward at the same time. If you was taught to be secretive then you must have also been taught that you don't need to order. Hmmmmmmmmm. You got this Arkie wondering.

Edited to add again...I've ordered twice from Brewhaus and nobody has beat the door down yet...

3rd Edit...Sorry I'm a little sideways from my Amazing Still products. You have no worries."
Offline Wade  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 2:26:53 PM(UTC)
Wade

From what Im told nothing is reported to anyone but Brewhaus does have your name and a copy of a receipt in case they are audited and for accounting purposes. its not illegal to own a still, just illegal to use it to distill alc with it.
Offline mountainsparky  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 10:45:17 PM(UTC)
mountainsparky

I may have said where I came from, but my movements from that day on have been random, unannounced, and perplexing to those with a logiacl thought process. Much like Earnest T. BassBigGrin I just love it when city folk hear my accent and assume that I are of lesser intelligence than themselves.Wink Thanks to all, I do have an issue with my water and it does require distillation........good point. Thanks all.
Offline ratflinger  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 3:31:40 PM(UTC)
ratflinger

"
Originally Posted by: mountainsparky Go to Quoted Post
I do have an issue with my water and it does require distillation........good point. Thanks all.

Kinda like losing all your guns in a boating accident."
Offline mountainsparky  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:58:29 AM(UTC)
mountainsparky

Just ordered the high capacity model today. Look forward to conversation and HELP.Confused
Offline mtnwalker2  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2009 12:23:58 PM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

"
Just ordered the high capacity model today. Look forward to conversation and HELP.Confused

Dang smart choice. I'll bet you a dollar that before 6 months is gone, you will order the keg adopter as well. Have you read anywhere that this hobby is very addictive, even if you don't drink much?
Plent of people here will answer your questions, though you will enjoy the fun of developement to your own tast and enjoyment. Better limit the number of friends you have unless you have a lot of free time, or they are willing to pitch in and help.

Enjoy."
Offline mountainsparky  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 03, 2009 11:59:56 PM(UTC)
mountainsparky

"I am a Kentucky Appalachian with very few ""friends"" in the flat lands of NC. My mountain heritage and the family traditions keep me private, and immensely untrusting of anyone that does not know what a holler or a haint are. You must know what a ""poke"" is before I will engage in serious face to face conversationWinkCool I will probably PM quite a few of you, hope that doesn't jostle ye the wrong way. If unwilling, just say so, I can take it.

My intent is to produce a high ABV with purity and flavor, medicinal anti-bacterial liquid agent in the interest of preventing the spread of the swine flu pandemic.RollEyes"
Offline ratflinger  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 08, 2009 3:42:56 AM(UTC)
ratflinger

"
My intent is to produce a high ABV with purity and flavor, medicinal anti-bacterial liquid agent in the interest of preventing the spread of the swine flu pandemic.RollEyes

Then you must be a revenuer! :)Wink The swine flu pandemic is a conspiracy of big pharm, in conjunction with the idiots at CDC. Another dog wagging moment. RollEyes"
Offline old stump juicer  
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:52:23 AM(UTC)
old stump juicer

"I think the swine flue is simply a development of our obama government to push the masses in the direction of government run healthcare!
Kinda like pushing gun control, when we only need criminal control!"
Offline redridinghood  
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:05:25 PM(UTC)
redridinghood

i have read the books and done the research, and just as i was about to place the order, i have asked the question of "is it possible not too write that i bought a still". the answer i got is that every distilling company is required to maintain a list of the people who bought a still. Folks, just because the government did not come knocking yet, does not mean that it wont. this just sucks. i have to rethink how to go about it, but sure as hell i am not putting my name on a list knowing full well ahead of time that thats the case.Cursing
Offline ratflinger  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 1:22:19 AM(UTC)
ratflinger

I think sellers have to keep the records, but if anyone comes looking for it, well, just like my guns, the still was lost in a horrible boating accident.:)
Offline old stump juicer  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 11:53:41 AM(UTC)
old stump juicer

"Mine has been dissasembled for a while now but not out of fear, it's because I haven't had the time to spend on it. I just got home from Texas a little while ago and will likely be back out there in two weeks.
Hobbys take a back seat to making a living.
I know of a few cases where local law were aware of small stills but just ignored it because no alcohol was being sold, this seems to be the case often, but it would totally depend on the officer."
Offline LWTCS  
#15 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 12:00:45 PM(UTC)
LWTCS

"Not against the law to own a distiller.

Get a member to build a still for you."
Offline mountainsparky  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 1:02:00 PM(UTC)
mountainsparky

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Live free or die.
Offline mountainsparky  
#17 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 1:03:56 PM(UTC)
mountainsparky

[size="7"]wolverines[/size]
Offline Gmandebz  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 1:33:08 PM(UTC)
Gmandebz

That sounded good, I like that
Offline kentucky7887  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 03, 2010 4:59:50 PM(UTC)
kentucky7887

I just shipped mine to a different address and picked it up. Also put your products in used store bought alcohol bottles and no one will know the difference. Your friends will think your generous when you pour them grey goose vodka for all their drinksBigGrin. You'll only get in trouble if you decide to start mass producing and selling, then go old batf will come a knocking. But like any good house in a hollar you own 20 acres of land, throw up a few no trespassing signs, and blast away with your 12ga if people come on your landBigGrin
Offline mountainsparky  
#20 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 2:18:01 AM(UTC)
mountainsparky

"Kentucky shall always be free. Government workers can't read by the way or they would have read the Constitution and things would be much different than they are now, no tresspassing signs will not workCursingCursing

WOLVERINES UNITE."