logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jsanders  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2009 2:06:29 AM(UTC)
jsanders

Groups: Registered

"It seems that most of the sugars and flavor are in the peels of a peach, or close to it. Do I need to peel before fermentation or can I leave the peels through the distilation process?

I have a PSII and plan to only use a couple of the cooling tubes at top for this run for more flavor.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.Wink"
Offline mtnwalker2  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2009 2:38:38 AM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

Groups: Registered

"
Originally Posted by: jsanders Go to Quoted Post
It seems that most of the sugars and flavor are in the peels of a peach, or close to it. Do I need to peel before fermentation or can I leave the peels through the distilation process?

I have a PSII and plan to only use a couple of the cooling tubes at top for this run for more flavor.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.Wink

I have been studying this to make my first peach brandy also. There is a complete discussion of the process with photos of the whole thing at the Artisan Distiller forum.

I am going to do it a little different. Going to run the whole pitted peaches through a juicer. Then put the pulp in a nylon paint straining bag, add to the ferment, and remove at the third day.

I will then put the pulp in a glass jar, and mix or layer with cane sugar. This will draw out remaining alchahol and a lot of peach flavor and color over a few days. Then after the run, i will add this liquid strained and filtered to the brandy to taste.

This has worked well for me with other fruits and berries. Much better final flavor and a bit of color also.

Improves with age."