logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Thom  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:55:22 AM(UTC)
Thom

Groups: Registered

"I have a Buon Vino mini jet and the carbon filters for it.I have some product that is 96%.The pads make my hands black even touching themI dont want to ruin my product.Do you soak these pads first? I dont want to turn my product black.would appreciate any input.Thanks in advance.

Thom"
Offline mtnwalker2  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:37:12 AM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

Groups: Registered

"
Originally Posted by: Thom Go to Quoted Post
I have a Buon Vino mini jet and the carbon filters for it.I have some product that is 96%.The pads make my hands black even touching themI dont want to ruin my product.Do you soak these pads first? I dont want to turn my product black.would appreciate any input.Thanks in advance.

Thom

Sorry Thom, but have no experiance with that filter system. However, if you are getting 96% abv you aren't makening compensations for temp. Even so, thats pretty damn pure.

OK as to filtering, cut to 55% min. prior to filtering with activated carbon. 45% would be even better. I don't use my carbon filter anymore as its a real PITHA. I put my neutral 5 gal. into a 6.5 gal. carboy with a qt. of carbon. Swirle when convenient, and let a breath of fresh air in each time. I get better results in a month that a carbon filter. And thats with 95%. Carbon when cleaning is really stentch. Says something.

Just make enough to keep ahead and do the slower process. Much better."