logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FLBOY  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:54:59 AM(UTC)
FLBOY

Groups: Registered

I am heading into retirement and thought I might try some distilling. I have been a wine maker for 35+ years. I thought at first an easy still would work, but after reading this forum I have changed my mind. I am not going make a lot of spirit as I am a beer drinker. But I think I will go with the ps II HC after reading the forum. I will probably make 2 gallon of neutral, 2 gallon of UJSM and 5 gallon of brandy. I am thinking of the bronze fermenting kit. I have quite a few things from making wine. I do not see a digital thermometer with alarm on the brewhaus site. Am I missing it? The real question here is am what I am thinking of buying is overkill for what I want to do.
Offline mtnwalker2  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:02:07 PM(UTC)
mtnwalker2

"
Originally Posted by: FLBOY Go to Quoted Post
I am heading into retirement and thought I might try some distilling. I have been a wine maker for 35+ years. I thought at first an easy still would work, but after reading this forum I have changed my mind. I am not going make a lot of spirit as I am a beer drinker. But I think I will go with the ps II HC after reading the forum. I will probably make 2 gallon of neutral, 2 gallon of UJSM and 5 gallon of brandy. I am thinking of the bronze fermenting kit. I have quite a few things from making wine. I do not see a digital thermometer with alarm on the brewhaus site. Am I missing it? The real question here is am what I am thinking of buying is overkill for what I want to do.

HA! Yes and no. The smaller units would suit your purpose if you have time and patience. The HC unit will allow you to expand your experianc once the bug bites you. Brandies and mixed brandies can really grasp your attention. Then there are the hidden grains that you have never had before like oats and millet. Both are so much better than box store stuff. And the neutrals. Perfect for schnapps, tinctures or vodka. With all the availiable essences out there, you can make and share most any taste. Some are so so, some are even better than the original.

Have fun."
Offline LWTCS  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:09:27 PM(UTC)
LWTCS

In this instance, if it's within your budget. Go for it.
Offline just_me  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:40:04 AM(UTC)
just_me

i started with the easystill. i would recommend the high capacity if it is within you means. the digital thermometer is in the Distillation Equipment section.
just me