logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline LOCOMIKE  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 10:46:51 AM(UTC)
LOCOMIKE

Groups: Registered

"A few of you 'locals' came out to my farm in western WV lastBigGrin spring for my first attempt at an electric still. Think everyone had a pretty good time.

I would be glad to host a 'second annual' knowledge swap if there is enough interest.

Let me know.................BigGrin"
Offline LOCOMIKE  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 2:48:26 AM(UTC)
LOCOMIKE

"I got a request for more info, I'll do my best without giving out 'to much' on the location.

Last year Whitewater did all the work (as is usuall) and made the wash, put the word out, gave directions. Basically all I did was provide the location and food. That being said, I have never put one of these together before.

My farm is an hour drive from Charleston, WV or 45 Minutes fron Huntington, WV. It's not much of a 'working farm' I just chose to build my house in the middle of nowhere (as in 21 miles from the nearest traffic light).

We set up 3 stills outside my garage, listened to Bluegrass and folks came and went as they pleased. Was a great group of people and I learned allot.

A very mellow group of serious brewers and a great day of gentlemently conduct. I believe the wifes enjoyed themselves also.

If anyone wants to travel in I have plenty of room for tents and RV's.

What I do need advice on is how to get word out to verified breweres (I call em drip watchers) so we are all comfortable enjoying our hobbie.

Time and date are dependent upon who wants to come. Suggestions are welcome.

Price of admission is to share your knowledge with me :)"
Offline rick2014  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:24:26 AM(UTC)
rick2014

Am very shined here in OH! PM, email, or private message me or whatever! Very interested!