logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wade  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 08, 2009 11:32:06 AM(UTC)
Wade

Groups: Registered

What does this come with? I know it includes the packing in which I am torn between the copper mesh and raschig rings as I hear that both are good but the copper is better, what are your thoughts on this? If I buy now which i cant and might take me a few weeks-2 months I ca get the water control system free which I hope is still available when I do order. Does this come with the pump? I am a total newbie to distilling so I have lots of questions so sorry about this but really need to know what to add to my initial order so I dont get caught with my pants down. Do I need a hose coming off the unit to collect from? Do I need to purchase activated carbon and how much of what kind? Does the 1100w heat plate do fine or should I purchase a 1500w unit somewhere else? Do I have to purchase the hose package or does it come with this and if not is this something I can get at an auto store or wine store? How about the chain for cleaning, is this needed or what do you guys use to clean it with. Thanks in advance for anything you can help me with here. I am a moderator on a wine forum so know you guys have a task answering all this stuff but once you get me on my feet Ill eventually be able to return the favor and help with what i can.
Offline jeger  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2009 6:01:15 AM(UTC)
jeger

I got my E.E. PSII HC, i got it with a 1500w plate that does fine, does take about 2 hours to get going though. 2 things that i had to add were, a 1/4hp sump pump to replace the wimpy aquarium pump it came with, but it did come with a hose adapter that let me hook it up with no problem, and some tubing to hook up the water control system. I use a 20 gal bucket of cold water which usually gets a whole run of 17% wash done. The 1/4hp pump you can get for about 40-50$, hose is a few bucks. Hope this helps
Offline Wade  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2009 9:53:44 AM(UTC)
Wade

So your saying this does not come with the hoses needed?
Offline jeger  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2009 10:23:17 AM(UTC)
jeger

it came with the hoses needed to hook it up without the water control system. But when you hook up the water control system you'll need another 6ft hose for a second return, one from the condenser and one from the liquid managment system. Instead of how it would run without the water control system, passing from the LM sys to the condensor without seperate returns. I did find it odd that they didnt include an extra hose for the water control sys, maybe it should be part of the water control system itself.
Offline Wade  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 09, 2009 11:50:29 AM(UTC)
Wade

Ok thanks! I just want to make sure I get everything I need. Are these hoses something I can get anywhere like a wine supplt racking hose or are they special. Do I need a special hose that will go the the extraction point of the condenser to the collection bottle?