logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline technohive  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:27:19 PM(UTC)
technohive

Groups: Registered

Hi guys, I'd really like to try this absinthe drink. Anyone's got any experience? I'm trying to decide between King of Spirits Gold and Century Absinthe,any ideas?"
Offline absintheur  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2008 11:30:51 AM(UTC)
absintheur

"I suggest you go for Absinth King of Spirits Gold, however being absinthe drinker for a while now and one of the best real brands available is Absinthe Original Bitter Spirit. They're both available to buy from this reliable Absinthe vendor.

With regards to Kubler and Lucid, these ""absinthes"" contains no trace of thujone - Absinthe is now purported to be legal in the US as long as it is THUJONE FREE! How strange as Absinthe is made from Artemisia Absinthium, the herb that gives Absinthe it"s name, and produces Thujone so what is the truth are they selling Absinthe? I don't think so.

Neither of the two (Gold & Century), nor any other genuine absinthe, will make it to the States anytime soon. For the real deal, you have to travel to Europe or have it shipped over. Yes, possession and importation for personal use is legal. RollEyes"
Offline zymos  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2008 11:47:45 AM(UTC)
zymos

I recently read that several "historical" (as in very old bottles that had been kept by collectors) had been analyzed, and they contained no thujone either.
Which leads to the conclusion that thujone never was contained in absinthe.However, soaking wormwood in spirits, in other words, just tincturing the herbs, probably would result in thujone in the beverage.