logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RyeMan  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2024 5:10:01 PM(UTC)
RyeMan

Groups: Registered

Confused Just got a Inkbird IPB-16S pid controller. I want to start using electric to heat my 10 gal still. My problem is I have no idea how to use the Inkbird controller. I looked online for hours and really don't understand what I've found. Where can I find out how pid's work and how to set them up. I have it all set up and installed in my still, just can't set up.Please help.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2024 5:45:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RyeMan  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2024 10:22:39 AM(UTC)
RyeMan

Groups: Registered

Confused Guess no one knows how to program these. I have looked every where and can not find anything on programing. Very frustrating. Mad
Offline admin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2024 8:02:57 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I am afraid that I do not know how to program the controller, but always advise against using a PID for distilling. The idea of a PID is to control the temperature by cycling the heat on and off. This constantly changes the intensity of the boil and therefore the speed of vapor production. This wreaks havoc on distillation as your column cannot reach equilibrium due to the constant change in the amount of vapor entering the bottom of the column.
The best option is a voltage controller, as this allows you to control the heat input without cycling on and off.