logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline abear  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 2:50:43 PM(UTC)
abear

Groups: Registered

Looking to find someone, or group of people, that run their stills for fun. I am new to this and would love to visit with a few others and watch their techniques and try and learn. I live around the Lafayette area.
Offline scotty  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 10:31:42 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Its a shame but it seems that folks are spooked by the governments request for names. I'm in very south Louisiana. Central Florida lol
Offline RCRed  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 11:14:07 PM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
If you don't get may takers, may I suggest a search and view mission on Youtube?

Search "Pot Still Operation" (No quote marks in yer search string)
Also: "Reflux Still operations"

There are pages and pages of examples - most of which are advertisements for one still maker or another, but some have some good information, same as we see here and HD, so it's all good, and besides it's in the eye of the beholder, yes?

Here's a decent one I liked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeIuGiHB_b8

Edit: This one is really a good one for newb's like myself - I had this one in my favorites but forgot to list it for you;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZakPUSVVKo

Afterwards, if you click on the user name wecmichael - You can then see all his videos. Some good stuff in there and it provides a visual to a lot of what is discussed.

Clarification: I do NOT agree with all that guy says, like no thermometers and crap.. Like ANY thing you read on the internet, take a capful of grains of salt with it. Blend what one see's with the scientific data you have read here and elsewhere. I liked those vids cause I got to at least see it getting done once without blowing my shed up or wasting resources.

It just takes a bit of patience and also, as I realized that personal experiences will vary... BigGrin
Offline motormouth1162  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:11:31 PM(UTC)
motormouth1162

North Louisiana here just getting started building my first still 20 gallon pot still curious if we here in Louisiana have a bill to pass for our hobby
Offline Russell  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:55:44 PM(UTC)
Russell

127 miles straight north of you I-49 mile marker 128 I started running in the mid 80's never anything to hoot about after watching the show last year dug out my old still started back last fall
In full swing now mashing in once a week just found brewhaus glad to their products are good and affordable
Offline motormouth1162  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 4:08:52 PM(UTC)
motormouth1162

Hello Russell yea I'm brand new building my first still here in west Monroe area can't wait to get to making my hooch
Offline cathedinhien  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2017 3:10:58 AM(UTC)
cathedinhien

hi all:)