logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cmbtgrnt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:53:23 PM(UTC)
Cmbtgrnt

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

I'm new to distilling and am having some issues setting up and actually making my first run. If anyone has any tips or tricks, please let me know. I'd love to hear any advice. My wife got me a beautiful 5 gal copper still for our anniversary. I've read some books and watched some videos, but I'm still abit nervous. I'd like to carry on the tradition passed down from my grandpa and great grandfather, I would like to make them proud. Unfortunately they are no longer alive, so that knowledge is lost. I'm really glad I come across this site, I'd like to have some liquor for the upcoming cold weather. Thank you all for help. Dave
Offline heeler  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:07:34 PM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Howdy, well your in the right place to learn. Just keep reading cause that's the only way your gonna get it since you say they are all gone. Start with Tried and True recipes here on this site, start with the easy ones and then progress to the more in depth all grain recipes. Now this is just my opinion but ya gotta crawl before you can run.....anyway it's all here just look for it and remember the KISS method, it works for me,(keep it simple stupid)
Tim

Edited by user Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:39:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Cmbtgrnt  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2016 9:34:57 AM(UTC)
Cmbtgrnt

Groups: Registered

Thanks heeler! I've been checking out some of these recipes and I think I may try and start a batch this week.