logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2014 1:34:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Now as a jesture of good faith, I decided to post up this recipie. I got it right in 2 tries which isn't normal because it normally takes me 4 if not more tries to get a recipie right. But every once in a while you get lucky. And for those of you wanting to get lucky with the ladies, then this will be a personal favorite because the ladies love this recipie. Here's what you'll need:

2 jumbo bottles of chocolate syrup (Any kind will work)
11 pounds of white table sugar
4 large bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips
5 gallons of water
1 tablespoon of baker's yeast or 1 pack of rum turbo yeast
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of mashed rasins
2 jumbo Hershey bars (garnish for containers)
1 tablepsoon of instant black coffee (this enhances the chocolate's flavor by 10 fold)

In a large stock pot, bring half of your water (2.5 gallons) to a low boil and add the chocolate syrup. Note if you like dutch chocolate better then substitute the 2 jumbo bottles for 4 medium bottles of Nesquick. Next, slowly stir the mixture on a low boil for about 5 minutes. Next add 10 pounds of your sugar leaving 1 pound left over. This last pound of sugar will be added to your final product after distilling. Next add the rasins and slowly stir for another 5 minutes. Now add the chocolate chips, the vanilla extract, and tablespoon of instant coffee and stir for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the chocolate chips are melted. The instant coffee must also be dissolved. Next add the remaining water to the mixture and cool it to between 70 and 90 degrees F. ***Now if you're using a turbo yeast please use the recomended amount of sugar needed for fermentation and follow the dircetions on the package of turbo yeast***. Now add your yeast or yeast starter to the mixture and stir for 1 minute. Leave to ferment in a place that's between 70 and 80 degrees for 10 days if you're using baker's yeast if using a turbo yeast, follow the directions listed on the package and you'll be fine. After distilling and proofing, add the remaining pound of sugar to the your final product. I only used half of the reamining sugar and it turned out really good.

Recomended proof: 70 proof or less (35% ABV). I tried it with 90 proof (45% ABV) and it was tad bit too hot for the chocolate flavor so with a second jar I water it down to 70 proof (35% ABV) and it was spot on.

Aging is not required in fact I usually just added the Hershey bars for decoration and a little extra flavor. And during the holidays, I like to add 2 tablespoons of mint extract to the mixture (but no more than that) for a little bit of a bite to it. Enjoy my friends.
Offline Hoosier Shine9  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:57:40 AM(UTC)
Hoosier Shine9

Groups: Registered

I am new to the forum, and thinking about starting into the hobby.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this recipe? If so what were your thoughts on it.

Like I said I am new, would this work and carry the chocolate flavor through?

thanks in advance
Offline dieselduo  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 11:46:21 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
You should probably stick with the tried and true recipes. UJSSM would be a good one to cut your teeth on
Offline Hoosier Shine9  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 12:24:06 PM(UTC)
Hoosier Shine9

Thanks Diesel,

UJSSM = Uncle Jesse Sour S???? Mash?

I was not thinking about making that first, but saw the recipe and said Hummmm?
That might be interesting to try after I have things a few "under my belt".
Offline dieselduo  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:55:00 PM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
it's hard to mess up. when the ph starts getting too low in successive generations just add some oyster shells to raise the PH. You can add different things to the grain bill like peated malt or whatever you like. After a few months on oak it's a tasty treat,BigGrin

UJSSM = uncle jessie's simple sour mash

Edited by user Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:09:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified