logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RCRed  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 9:05:54 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I asked Rick for permission to post this, if I have put it in the wrong category, please move it to one that is appropriate.
Due to the image restrictions I have only listed a few of the screen shots. The thread had to be split into two posts due to the word count restrictions.

Thanks for your time to read this.

DistilliTraK - Spirits Management Software

Prologue:
I'd like to tell you all about a product I have been developing since September 2013. It is called DistilliTrak. I started this development because I am a career programmer and I detest having to do thing manually that are better suited to a computing resource. This product is the result of my studies from the past two years and my education in fermentation, distilling, and downstream processing of etoh production. I am a master programmer, but I am not a master distiller, nor am I even trying to say I am with this product. It does NOT teach one how to do the craft, it simply provides a standardized approach to recording the results and producing tracking and reporting on those results.

DistilliTrak is an Microsoft Access application that manages spirit batches for small plant fuel producers and hobbyists that produce spirits.

UserPostedImage

The DistilliTrak product provides easy management and data entry for the following functions;
Batch Management, from planning, fermentation, distillation, Dilution and disposition

Batch List Display

http://distillitrak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Batch_master_List_Detail_102313.gif

Batch Detail Display

UserPostedImage

Planning

[LIST=1]
  • Inventory integration for stores on hand
  • Integrated recipe selection
  • Recipe Modification at the batch level
    [/LIST]

Batch Recipe Management

UserPostedImage

[LIST=1]
  • Clones master Recipe for batch Level Overrides
  • Conversion from US to Metric conversions (Under development)
  • Adjusting Wash Size and ingredient update (Under Development)
  • Ingredient costing to provide batch costs and per unit Costs http://distillitrak.com/...Update_Costs_1023131.gif - See An Example
    [/LIST]

Fermentation

http://distillitrak.com/...en_Beta_V3_4_102313d.gif

[LIST=1]
  • Fermentation start and end Date
  • Fermentor number
  • Specific and Final Gravity
  • Days for Wash to Settle
  • Internal calculation of total Ferment days calculated from start and end dates for the fermentation
  • Calculation of Etoh percentage of wash based upon Specific and Final Gravity data points
  • Etoh Percentage calculation is fed to the distillation phase to calculate wash boiling points
    [/LIST]

Distillation Phase

UserPostedImage

[LIST=1]
  • Distillation Type (Pot, reflux, Refrac)
  • Distillation Start and Stop Date
  • H20 and Etoh forecasted boil points
  • Alcohol meter Correction Factor (20C or 60F)
  • Container Collection;
    [LIST=1]
  • Container Type (Fores, Heads, Hearts, Tails)
  • Container Number
  • Column temp for container
  • Start and end time for the container
  • Measured ABV
  • Container Amount
  • Container Measurement Unit
  • Etoh Temperature
  • Adjusted ABV
    [/LIST]

• Update batch Statistics from container collections
    [/LIST]

Dilution Phase

http://distillitrak.com/...lution_Screen_102313.gif

[LIST=1]
  • Calculations for Distilled containers
  • specify target Proof and increments of H2O and Etoh
  • Calculates the blending purport ions for H2O and Etoh to achieve the final proof
    [/LIST]

Statistical Reporting
    [LIST=1]
  • Basic batch list and detail reporting
  • Inventory reporting
    [/LIST]

Sample Report: http://distillitrak.com/...Master_Report_102313.gif

Recipe Management

http://distillitrak.com/...y_Ingredients_102313.gif

[LIST=1]
  • Recipes for spirit and fuel spirit batches
  • Unlimited ingredient lists integrated into Inventory management
  • Statistical reporting for recipe trending and production analysis
    [/LIST]
    Ability to store e-copies of recipes (PDF, txt, Word, wordpad files, scans)

Inventory management

http://distillitrak.com/...Master_Detail_090913.jpg

[LIST=1]
  • Inventory Items
    [LIST=1]
  • Item Name
  • Basic and custom inventory types
  • Quantities on hand and low order levels
  • Quantities used
  • Measurement Unit
  • Low level Alerts
    [/LIST]

• Inventory is integrated with Batch process
  • Basic and custom Units of measure for Inventory types
  • Integrated into Supplier management
    [/LIST]

Supplier Management

http://distillitrak.com/...st_and_Detail_090913.jpg

[LIST=1]
  • Supplier Name, Address, Phone contacts and Website
  • Notes on Supplier
    [/LIST]

Owner Profile

http://distillitrak.com/...Owner_Profile_Screen.jpg

[LIST=1]
  • Oner Name, company Name, Address, Phone
  • License Information
  • Distillation Equipment Information
    [/LIST]

Calculator

http://distillitrak.com/...ions_Page_Increments.jpg

Used for standalone Calculations in your distilling

The User Guide for DistilliTraK (included in the download) covers each subject in greater detail.
  • Offline RCRed  
    #2 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 9:18:04 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

Will my computer run this?

The DistilliTrak product was developed to run on a variety of Windows platforms. It requires either a copy of Microsoft Access or the equivailent "runtime" version of Access. The "Runtime" version of Microsoft Access performs exactly the same as the full version, but does not have the design functionality. The good news is that if a client system does not have a copy of Microsoft Access, Microsoft provides a free runtime version of the program for applications like DistilliTraK.

So, you will need;

You can also sign up for Office 365 on a monthly basis with includes the entire Microsoft Office Suite including Access.

Operating systems Supported

• Windows XP SP3
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)
    • Windows 8 (32 or 64 Bit)

Note: DistilliTraK may work on older systems, or emulated Windows environments under Mac or Linux systems, but results are not guaranteed. The DistilliTraK product was beta tested on a Macintosh system using Windows emulation under Parallels with success.

System and Hardware

• Pentium 2.0 Single core and above
    • 32MB of memory
    • 15 MB Hard Drive space

Why would I use this?

DistilliTrak Offers you a way to organize and track your production and will perform calculations and offer a method for trending the performance of the work across batches and generations of spirits.

Distillitrak will also help with recipe management, and inventory management in your operation. Distillitrak allows you to experiment with recipes without altering the original recipe to create new hybrids. DistilliTraK will also help with Supplier management in helping quickly recall a supplier and providing a method to store particular information about a supplier to aid in reorder of elements.

DistilliTrak has calculations built into the process as well as a consolidated Calculator page where all the most common distillation calculators have been integrated into the calculator page.

How Can I keep the data secure?

Distillitrak is not internet based. it is local only to your system. The application is stored in a single file, and the data is stored in another file. You can put the data file on any disk, Local or network attached, or a USB or portable drive and secure the data offline in secure storage when the application is not in use.
    There will also be Owner Profile Preferences that can be set to limit any public view of the data unless a password is entered for the profile.

Can I try this software out with no obligation?

Yes, Certainly!! DistilliTrak is offered as a free beta with full functionality.The product comes with sample batches, recipes, inventories, suppliers, and all the items necessary for you to get started.

It will operate on your system for 30 days. If you like the product and want to extend your beta, simply contact me. The official release candidate version will be offered in December, 2013 and at that point a license key will need to be purchased.

Why the hell are you charging for this?

There are numerous costs associated with the development of a product like this. Website costs, Underlying software costs, and labor. It takes hundreds of hours(460 so far) to build, develop and test an application, and more to provide ongoing support and enhancements. I would not expect any of you to perform work for me in your trade for free so I am hoping that folks understand the same applies to me. Please understand, this is not a "for profit" operation. I have a real career in IT and I have been writing code professionally since 1978. My guitar tutor doesn't teach me for free, nor does my plumber unstop my sinks for free... Even a pint of oaked doesn't always cover it Wink

Ok, fine, what's it gonna cost?

• 30 Days - Trial..................................................FREE
    • Extend a monthly trial.(outside the Beta)..............10 USD
    • Three Month Toe Dipper....................................15 USD
    • Six Month Maybe I'll like it..................................25 USD
    • One year........................................................65 USD
    • Permanent......................................................125 USD - Includes version level upgrades
    • Enterprise License (with Source) - Contact for Pricing

All pricing includes free upgrades within the version as they come out. DistilliTraK will have a major version change each January, and put level updates each month. Example: DistilliTrak Release 1 will debut in December, 2013, and Release 2 will debut in December 2014. Perioidic licenses can obtain all free upgrades in release 1 (1.1...1.4, etc) . If a clients renewal period spans a release, the new release will be provided.

Where can I learn more?

Please copy and paste one of the below links into a browser for more information, or simply visit Distillitrak.com and hover over the Product Overview Navigation line on the top right hand side;

Please keep in mind, I am still in beta development.

But my beta's are as operational as some folks final products are.

For the free trial, all I ask in return is you report your like or dislike or any functions that are not sorted out (read: Fail). I have tested pretty heavily for the past month, and I have several independent testers, but nothing on earth prepares a software packages like real field testing. Serious contributors will receive incentives (free use) of the final product. There will also be Website discounts granted to those communities that aided me in the development of the product. More information on that later.

The distilliTraK website has a problem ticketing system you can use or simply email your reply (screen shots of failures please) to support
    distillitrak.com.

Thanks for your time to read thru this, and I hope you will try the product. I use it on my tablet when I am distilling!
    Offline RCRed  
    #3 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:21:54 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

The below link will download the DistilliTrak User Guide PDF for the Beta 3.4 version. It is a work in progress, and I am sure zBob already has suggestions for making it more readable, but I thought I'd share it for those that are interested.

DistilliTraK User Guide - Beta 3.4 (http://distillitrak.com/?ddownload=382)

Please keep in mind this is a beta-in-progress document, and will be amended as things distill out, and I add new features. I also will be publishing a roadmap for future features soon. It's got most of what is posted above, but with more detail. And, please excuse spelling errors - I see in some cases MsWord did not catch them...

Cheers
    Offline RCRed  
    #4 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:17:36 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

Hello All

The Beta 3.5 release of DistilliTraK is now available.. I have redesigned the menu interfaces and communications and added a number of new features;

UserPostedImage

• Owner Preferences for Measurement units(US/Metric), Inventory control, Screen display
    • Batch Preferences for a number of defaults similar to Owner, but more detailed
    • Improved interface optics (Yea, I know, a politico term), error handling and communication
    • New reports - Batch Worksheet, Distillation Graphs (preliminary set)
    • Bug fixes

New user guide has more details here: http://distillitrak.com/?ddownload=456]

Same deal as 3.4 - There are a limited number of 30 day free beta trial copies - Use 1Beta35 to issue a 100% discount against the charge amount listed.

Cheers, and Season's Greetings - I am gonna take the week off both my computer jobs BigGrin

But if you've a question, I'll reply...
    Offline fatboi83  
    #5 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 1:12:37 PM(UTC)
    fatboi83

I tried to download it the other day. I got a message that my email or code was incorrect or invalid. I know my email is valid because I get emails all the time. I tried the code in the post above and "1Beta36" Neither worked.
    Offline RCRed  
    #6 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 4:56:54 PM(UTC)
    RCRed

Heya FBoi

I replied via PM as well. The Beta 3.5 had run out of downloads (I set out 25 new per beta release). When I saw your post yesterday, I had my head down in the code on 3.6 and missed the point. The shopping cart item had been removed by the store function on the website because the beta 3.5 download ran outa stock.

That's the first beta that's had that much interest, and I did not realize the store code I am using gives no warning that an item has run out (which is also now patched-I hate software-Worse than a '74 BSA).

Nonetheless, I created an order for you (if you are who I think ya are
    gmail.com ) so you should have that download code now. If you have any other issue, please let me know right away and I'll just email you the program zip file directly. I'll be around all day Tuesday and will check here and there (DistillitraK).

I have several folks on gmail getting releases so I know that'll work ok. Once you are on the list, you'll receive updates directly as I release them thru the beta. There will be one more beta release and I expect that to be out by the end of the week.

Sorry for any frustration and thanks for your interest.

Best Regards
    Offline RCRed  
    #7 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:10:27 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

All

I will be releasing Beta 3.6 in a few days (Thursday, 16/01/2014) and thought I'd get some eye candy up for you all to look at. This release contains a significant increase in functionality with respect to addition of low wine/Spirit storage cycles and multiple re-distillation cycles.

Here is the new main menu showing the new features;

UserPostedImage

A schematic showing the over all flow in the product from the new user guide;

UserPostedImage

Latest User Guide PDF can be downloaded at this link: http://distillitrak.com/?ddownload=639

http://distillitrak.com/?p=606 - Beta 3.6 Changes are discussed in this link

One item to note is the deployment of "Print to PDF" files option throughout the product. This feature requires Adobe PDF reader installed on your machine for the product to function. There is a link in the user guide and on the DistilliTraK website where to get the PDF reader software for free.

Best Regards,
    Offline RCRed  
    #8 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:03:47 PM(UTC)
    RCRed

Ok, folks - Beta 3.6 has been released

For Folks who've downloaded a copy of 3.5 or 3.4 - you should have received 3.6 via email from me by now. Please be aware that the upgrade is only from 3.5 to 3.6. If you need a copy that will convert from 3.4 to 3.6 please contact me directly. Or, you can use the data base that's included.

If your trial period has expired, please email/PM/Carrier pigeon me the serial number that is generated by DistilliTraK on your computer. I will send you an 30 day extension code. It's taken me a while longer to get 3.6 out than I had anticipated - Holidays, flu, obstinate objects, etc.... So I want to be fair about allowing a decent trial especially in light of the new functions I have added.

For any of you that are considering the product, it will function fully in "pro" mode for 30 days.

The data shown in the user guide is in the sample data base.

I am now going to go and drink some oaked I set back for this moment and forget I am a programmer....

Thanks for your interest...
    Offline RCRed  
    #9 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2014 4:46:52 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

I changed the ordering process - No discount codes required now... Just a free download now. Ya still need an email address to complete the checkout.

If you decide after the trial period you want to continue, it's a matter of asking me for a key while DistilliTraK is still in Beta form. In March, that'll change as it goes live..I am not exactly sure yet, as my real job has ramped back up as it does each January-March time frame.

Rick
    BH will get a certain number of 1yr licenses to sell and keep the proceeds for BH, as well as the folks at Artisan, and Still dragon as appreciation for allowing me to use the knowledge, learning from the communities, and granting me the access.

Cheers all..
    Offline RCRed  
    #10 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 1:04:32 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

Hi Everyone...

A point has come up and I wanted to clarify - If you are going to try the product, please remember that the first time you launch DistilliTraK the date clock starts ticking on the trial version. After 30 days, well... it expires.

So, please be careful when you launch it for the first time. Installing it (copying the files from the zip file ) does not start the clock. Only when you execute it for the first time. I will adjust the trial logic to be 30 uses on the public release but that does not address the copies that are already out there.

The beta program has all but completed, and I am in preparations for the production release so at this point I am no longer issuing free beta keys to extend trials.

Thanks for your continued interest and support!

RcR
    Offline Alli  
    #11 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:13:16 AM(UTC)
    Alli

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
    Red,
    Can you send me a copy of the latest version to tocowdrey3
    gmail.com. Thanks

Tom
    Offline RCRed  
    #12 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:33:39 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

Heya Alli - Sure will...
    Offline piratekev  
    #13 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 2:46:31 AM(UTC)
    piratekev

Hey there down Texas way. Could you shoot me a copy also to this Missouri show me state shin?
    I think this will do better than my paper folder
    Skylight71
    myhibeam.net.
    Thanks
    Offline RCRed  
    #14 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 3:03:46 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

Heya Pirate... Did you check the website and check the install requirements? If so and it's all copasetic I will send you a 3.6 public copy that's good for 30 days... I am working on the new 4.0 version, it's a few weeks short of release, but it will offer a fresh trial period over earlier beta versionsmeaning those that have trialed the beta will get a new trial). it's pretty much the same, except I've polished and honed a number of areas, Fixed reported bugs (Thanks to Flht01 and Zymurgy Bob for testing and reporting), improved the installation process, and added Import/Export to M$uck Excel (Spreadsheets) for the data structures.

This will allow those that use M$uck Excel today (which I have been told is a bunch
    the micro distillery level) to "import" the data they have in spread sheets into the data base and allow an export to spreadsheets for reporting, inclusion to quickbooks, or what not.

Other than that the product is pretty much ready to go BigGrin (Thank God - it's been years since I worked three jobs Wink )
    Offline RCRed  
    #15 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2014 1:35:11 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

Hi everyone... With the Spring comes new growth :) Even thou corporate has done their level best to steal all my oxygen these past two months I have still managed to keep the DistilliTraK ball moving forward on the field...

In between learning RSC builds and other hobby activity, I am pleased to announce some new features in the up coming release candidate of DistilliTraK. You can read about it here;

http://distillitrak.com/?p=741

Cheers and thanks for your interest!
    Offline RCRed  
    #16 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2014 4:25:00 PM(UTC)
    RCRed

Folks - DistilliTrak 4.0 has been released. This is the first production release.

The trial period has been changed from '30 days' to '30 sessions' and includes full access to Basic and Professional features.

UserPostedImage

The biggest contribution to this release is the addition of Microsoft Excel Export and Import functions. I built a method that allow you to export the contents to excel spreadsheets, or convert your existing spreadsheets and then import them into the data base, and it will auto populate the associated data stores *like Inventory types, measurement units, etc. Excel Templates are included for your convenience.

Export Menu
    UserPostedImage

Import Menu
    UserPostedImage

If you don't have Microsuck's Excel program, you can still use DistilliTrak, simply download the 'No Excel' DistilliTraK Package.

TTB Reporting for AFP
    UserPostedImage

I have also altered a number of other points;

• Streamlined the installation process
    • Corrected all reported errors from beta team 3.6 testing
    • Changed the Batch list and other list screens to use drop downs for action selections, and filter and sort options for the lists
    • New screen management structure that keeps only the active screen visible
    • Added new Inventory check functions for batch recipe's
    • Updated Inventory accounting to allow mixed unit measurement usage to decrement correctly

You can download the new user guide: DistilliTraK Users Guide V5 - http://distillitrak.com/?ddownload=791

Admin will have discount codes for Brewhaus members in a day or so. Thanks for your support, and interest in the development of this product. I have so much more I have planned for the future of it.

RcRed
    Offline RCRed  
    #17 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2014 7:48:01 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

I forgot to mention that for every sale that uses the Discount code of HDA4ME there will be a 10% donation from the sale to the Hobby Distiller's Association in addition to a 30% discount on the license key.
    Offline RCRed  
    #18 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:55:52 AM(UTC)
    RCRed

A bug fix release (4.0d) has been published. Microsoft decided to change a few things in Windows 10 and Access 2013/16 so I had to make some adjustments....While I was at it, I cleaned up a number of things reported by folks.

Distillitrak has downloaded by about 100+ folks so far, I see about 20 have opted for an update to 4.0d.

I am in the process of a new release (5.0) that will have the DSP reporting and some other goodies.

Thanks for your support!
    Offline dieselduo  
    #19 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:03:24 AM(UTC)
    dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
    Good job RC