logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline craftsman  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 5:29:23 PM(UTC)
craftsman

Groups: Registered

I have been around for a while.Blink i joined in 2013, but never had much to say. I guess officially I am a newbie, but I have been around this hobby as the most experienced distillers in this forum. I enjoy this hobby and I am not afraid to experiment with new things. I have made just about everything at least once. I like making AG mashes, with emphasis on bourbons, scotch, rye, and all kinds of fruit brandy. I have unlimited access to all the fruit since i farm I grow most of it myself to sell at markets. I also have access to tropical and citrus fruit since I purchase those items to sell.

i started years ago making brandy from fruit to utilize 2nds and surplus fruit to limit waste.
I learned from my mistakes and later by discovering several sites that have members with our interests in distilling from around the world. I have 2-distillers, one pot still and a reflux column still. I use the column to make neutrals and sometime with certain fruit brandies. The pot still is used with a thumper to take advantage of the doubling effect and to clean up some fruit brandies. I have learned to use the pot still as my go to distiller. I made both distillers myself and I am always tweaking them to try new ideas to make improvements that others write about. Although this hobby is often a lot of work the most important thing I can say is have fun.
Offline Hokey  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:22:57 PM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well said Craftsman. Well said. I've been away from the forum for quite a while but not the hobby. I am going to try to post more. If it helps great.
Offline John Barleycorn  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 06, 2015 6:48:22 PM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Welcome back, craftsman.

It really has been pretty quiet here for a while, so I'm glad to see you gentlemen are making an effort to post more often.

As for myself, I've been very, very busy since January & just haven't had much time to do fun things (like participate on this forum). But life is starting to slow to the 'normal' hectic pace once again ;-) -- so I'll do my best to throw in with you.

Best Regards,
--JB