logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline brett_field@me.com  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 04, 2015 7:38:17 PM(UTC)
brett_field@me.com

Groups: Registered

Hello to all,

I first thought of opening a distillery when I was in college - in 1981. Yeah, a LONG time ago.

Recently, I spent a year in eastern Kentucky doing some oil development and while I was there, I had the opportunity to buy a gallon of corn moonshine. I was surprised at how good it was. Nothing like Everclear in terms of harshness, but smooth and drinkable. When I was in the giant liquor store in Lexington, I noticed about 3 feet of shelf space devoted to 'moonshine' products. This was a big surprise and opened my eyes to the new world of craft distilling. When I went back to the store 5 months later, the section has quadrupled in size!

I came back home to Austin in the summer and just recently I decided that the business I want to be in is the distilling business. So here I am.

My goal is to learn and I will be asking many, MANY questions. And those questions will lead to second- and third-level questions, so be prepared!

Best,

Brett
Offline Shine NOLA  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 05, 2015 1:55:07 AM(UTC)
Shine NOLA

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This is a great hobby and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
What kind of gear you got/want?
have fun
Offline heeler  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 05, 2015 9:20:20 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Howdy and welcome, it is lots of fun no doubt but remember.....home distilling is still illegal in most states not sure about your home state buuuuuut....shhhhh. Unless you have the funds and go legal then have at it.

Edited by user Monday, January 05, 2015 9:21:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified