logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline scotty  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:43:02 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

UserPostedImage
R = OHMS or RESISTANCE
I = AMPS
E= VOLTS
W = WATTS

I like to use P for "power in watts"

But for someone who does not use the formulas often, the W is great
In fact I think it is being used a lot more now a days.
Offline epicdoom  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:02:04 PM(UTC)
epicdoom

Groups: Registered

Good find I am an Industrial truck Tech. My work is 95% electric and the other 5% Mechanical If anyone needs help with Circuits I am here to help. I build RC receivers and transmitters on a micro scale including PCB design, etching and soldering. I also have a full machine shop in my garage and can make just about anything. My mindset says don't buy anything I can make myself. That said if anyone needs anything that I can do I'm willing to help out I do also have a home foundry and can cast aluminum, brass and bronze. I also have a Type II anodizing set up. I keep myself busy

Semper Fi
Offline scotty  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 1:35:30 AM(UTC)
scotty

I was hoping to get a reply from rumplestilskin but a leatherneck is always welcome.
The willingness to help folks with electromechanical problems is often needed on this site.

So great :)
Offline Hokey  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:54:29 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Sounds like a nice set up epicdoom. Unfortunately my skills are limited to wood. Decks, pool houses/sheds the occasional wine rack. Oh well. Keep up the good work.
Offline BigMo  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 6:45:54 AM(UTC)
BigMo

Man

epicdoom, sound like you might be able to give me advice on a heat controller. I posted this on the RSC thread earlier

I purchased a couple of the AC voltage controllers from E bay and tried to get the them to control voltage with no luck. It says it a AC 220v 10000W voltage regulator speed control. It has a little digital panel and two white buttons to control the output. When hooked up the panel will go from 0 to 100 but the voltage
at 1 to about 23 will read 135 and from 24 to 100 it is 220VAC has anyone made one of these work? It has Four screw connections for input and output and
I noticed on the circuit board the two middle ones are connected to each other. It says it will do 80 amps so my 5500 watt element should be a little over half
capacity. seller has no info or drawings just this label (电源输入 input, 调压输出 output)
Offline scotty  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 07, 2014 10:00:27 AM(UTC)
scotty

I didn't understand anything=== That doesn't mean that you explained it in correctly-- I just didn't get anything :) :)