logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline johnnyapplepie  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:18:58 AM(UTC)
johnnyapplepie

Groups: Registered

"I'd like to make something kinda like the fireball drink (for shots). Not sure what all goes into it. Has anyone tried that and if so what did you use?

Thanks in Advance."
Offline scotty  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:33:09 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

OK John Ill bite. Whats a fireball??
Offline johnnyapplepie  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:54:17 AM(UTC)
johnnyapplepie

Perfect, Thanks BW for your research. I have a lady friends requesting some fireball whiskey so i think i'll work some up for her. Maybe she'll work "some" up for me.
Offline johnnyapplepie  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:28:00 AM(UTC)
johnnyapplepie

Yep, The fireball does taste like hot damn. pretty much the same thing. I think I can get it close but the spicy part i'm going to have to think through it. Neutral and Peppermint schnapps is a great christmas gift too. My ex wife's dad used to give me a jar every year. Came from somewhere in South Carolina.
Thanks again for the info.
Offline heeler  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:06:38 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
If this is not dead yet try this.....red hots. I put about 3 ounces of red hots in a pint and then top off with 100 proof. It takes about 24 hours to dissolve the candy but I have requests for it. Hot Dam in a point of my own making. HA...
Offline johnnyapplepie  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:56:02 AM(UTC)
johnnyapplepie

heeler,
i did something very similar I used three Fire Jolly Ranchers. It turned the 50%abv pink i could barley taste the cinnamon (fire) so today i've added some cinnamon and a tad brown sugar. I'm gotta let it sit a day or so and see how it turns out. I may not can wait that long. lol. But thanks on the red hots tip good idea. I was thinking about those little fireball candies that ya can get at the cracker barrel. I'll bet they'd work too.
Offline Bayou-Ruler  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:00:38 AM(UTC)
Bayou-Ruler

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Havent tried making any Fireball yet but its on the agenda. Dont seem to be overly complicated. This came from Wikki:

"A close approximation to Fireball can be made easily at home by adding cinnamon sticks, chilli peppers and sugar into a whisky bottle, and letting it sit for a week, and removing the spices afterwards."

Thinking maybe a person might also consider incorporating at least parts of the recipe posted by Bayou as a base and adding a dried cayenne pepper or two. Might consider chipping up the white likker to make some semblance of Canadian hooch out of it before getting started with soaking. Not that the stuff has any flavor eh? lol.

Cinnamon
8 tsp sugar
7ml cinnamon oil
1oz glycerin
8-10 drops red food coloring

Seems to be the storebought version hits at 33% ABV. Until somebody shows up to tell the definitive way to make the stuff let us get the experiments underway. PS Edit: Or a person could prob add a few toasty oak chips when adding the other ingredients for the soak. Save a step or two. It seems remarkably similar to Cinnamon Schnapps..aka Hot Damn.

If you follow my recipe it will taste exactly like the fireball jaw breaker candy.
Bayou Ethanol
AFP-LA-15027
www.bayouethanol.com
Offline badbill2  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 1:27:40 AM(UTC)
badbill2

Hey BW, I read something about the "Hot Hooch" using red hots and gave it a try. turned out OK once you strained it out to get rid of the old candy and sugar on the bottom. It decreased the abv a lot. Since then, I did find Cinnamon oil at the health store. Potent stuff but it ought to be at $30 an ounce. What does the glycerine do???
Offline ohyeahyeah  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:19:07 PM(UTC)
ohyeahyeah

glycerine adds mouth feel. You can use honey for that as well.
Offline badbill2  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:43:48 AM(UTC)
badbill2

Thanks, makes sense
Offline Algiz  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 2:38:01 AM(UTC)
Algiz

I made this with 1/4 cup red hots candy melted in the whiskey. I used the canadian whiskey essence I bought at brewhaus then strain, because the candy is coated with carnuba wax, then soak it in the bottle with 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks for a week
Offline Bayou-Ruler  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 8:04:39 AM(UTC)
Bayou-Ruler

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Havent tried making any Fireball yet but its on the agenda. Dont seem to be overly complicated. This came from Wikki:

"A close approximation to Fireball can be made easily at home by adding cinnamon sticks, chilli peppers and sugar into a whisky bottle, and letting it sit for a week, and removing the spices afterwards."

Thinking maybe a person might also consider incorporating at least parts of the recipe posted by Bayou as a base and adding a dried cayenne pepper or two. Might consider chipping up the white likker to make some semblance of Canadian hooch out of it before getting started with soaking. Not that the stuff has any flavor eh? lol.

Cinnamon
8 tsp sugar
7ml cinnamon oil
1oz glycerin
8-10 drops red food coloring

Seems to be the storebought version hits at 33% ABV. Until somebody shows up to tell the definitive way to make the stuff let us get the experiments underway. PS Edit: Or a person could prob add a few toasty oak chips when adding the other ingredients for the soak. Save a step or two. It seems remarkably similar to Cinnamon Schnapps..aka Hot Damn.

That recipe looks familiar, and is for 750ml of alcohol. it will come out tasting just like the candy red hots and fireballs. Oh and the glycerin and food coloring are really optional.
Bayou Ethanol
AFP-LA-15027
www.bayouethanol.com
Offline Hokey  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 3:48:02 PM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I only had 90 proof neutral so instead pf the apple juice I used apple juice concentrate with only one can of water instead of the three it called for. I got the flavor but not the volume that would dilute the 90 proof as much. tasted great.
Offline Wuglar  
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 7:03:09 PM(UTC)
Wuglar

I went to the store and bought cinnamon hot hard candy and opened about half the bag and dropped them in a quart of about 95 proof homemade. My brothers can not get enough of that stuff.

I use the glycerine about half the time.
Offline tntc  
#15 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:39:51 AM(UTC)
tntc

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hello all, Ihave found that if you add 15 to 20 fire jolly ranchers to a quart of 100 proof, turns out rather good.