logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Frost  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 12:30:43 PM(UTC)
Frost

Groups: Registered

Just wondering if anyone has saved all their cuts of Heads and Tails and brought down to a 20% and put it though a reflux still ...If so how where the results
Offline Biscuit  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 24, 2014 12:46:02 PM(UTC)
Biscuit

Didn't cut it to 20% but added them back to the next run and got more hearts out of it.
Offline cczero  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2014 2:09:39 PM(UTC)
cczero

"
Originally Posted by: Frost Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering if anyone has saved all their cuts of Heads and Tails and brought down to a 20% and put it though a reflux still ...If so how where the results

I save everything from my stripping runs, except the first 8 oz, which is tossed, and tails. I keep all tails to be combined with feints from my next reflux run. I stop my stripping runs at 210 and the output of 4 runs gives about 5 gals to be refluxed. Again, I toss the first 8 oz and keep the tails which are combined with the striped tails from the previous and run again. With this feints run, I run slower and longer and usually get 2 or 3 pints of really good product. I used to toss everything when I got done from both stripping and reflux but have learned from others here ""there is still good likker in there"". It's true. There's always more there."
Offline Geoff  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 5:04:43 PM(UTC)
Geoff

Not really why would you go see deep into your tail and ruin your drink, target for me is about 83% abv, I find that give me a nice smooth drink that ages quite nicely.