logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline pot belly  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 7:29:41 AM(UTC)
pot belly

Groups: Registered

Y can't I fine a peach recpie that taste like peach and not like surger?
Offline dieselduo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:09:27 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
try adding pectic enzyme to your peach wash. it will bring the peach flavor out
Offline heeler  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 1:48:07 PM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"
Originally Posted by: pot belly Go to Quoted Post

Could be your stillin process, but could be the recipe too. Do you add sugar after distillation or you think you are getting the sweetness from the final product?

I added a Peach/Mango recipe that doesn't taste like sugar maybe that might work for ya. Just do a search for it ---- Peach/Mango The second Edition."
Offline pot belly  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2014 10:11:37 PM(UTC)
pot belly

Thanks for the reply ! dieselduo & heeler
I just used 25 to 30 lb of peach 4 lb surar high spirits fruit & schnapps pot distilling turbo yeast & 35.5L of H2o
Offline dieselduo  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 1:24:47 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
another solution would be to use a bread yeast or distillers yeast( nix the turbo) run a sugar wash and then macerate the peaches with at least 100 proof
Offline heeler  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 1:57:19 AM(UTC)
heeler

"

another answer might be you haven't looked hard enough, they are there. Look under the Tried and True recipe section or the Brandy and others on this site....

Just to be nosey, how many times have you tried and failed at this recipe or any other peach hooch recipe? There are several options on this site to choose from
that I KNOW work but how YOU still and cut them makes --- AAAALLLLLLL--- the difference in the final product.

Dont give up tho, if you still can't find what you want or you do see one that you want to try just come back and anybody who has tried that particular recipe will give you any pointers you need to make it work, good luck."
Offline heeler  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 2:06:44 AM(UTC)
heeler

"Something else I just thought about....what kinda still are you using????

And again, do you know how to run it properly??

Also do you know how to creat the mash correctly???? Did it even creat etoh in the wash???

I don't mean to sound snooty but we can't help you unless you have the basic understanding of what it is you are trying to accommplish.

All the knowledge you need is right here but you have to gather and implement the fundamentals for a possitive outcome."
Offline pot belly  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 7:22:18 AM(UTC)
pot belly

All y'all can't get too nosey for me I'll tell u what I did in the bed last night if u need to know ! I am layed back. So I've been in it about 3 good yr's but u know I'm by far a no it all!
I got 110 in my head's 100 in middle an cut off at 40% it just did not have the peach I was hope mabe it just need to sit some. I have pro series 2, I thought I would let rick & dawn work
Some and hope too mess with y'all some! I am still young at it.
Offline heeler  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 1:22:09 AM(UTC)
heeler

"
Thanks for the reply ! dieselduo & heeler
I just used 25 to 30 lb of peach 4 lb surar high spirits fruit & schnapps pot distilling turbo yeast & 35.5L of H2o

With that recipe my thinking is operator error because that's a lot of nectar in a 5 gallon wash.

Also you did'nt say how much finished likker you got from that run....

Do a little more homework before you do another just to get the pattern down, ya know????"
Offline pot belly  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:25:18 AM(UTC)
pot belly

Heeler I did get about 1qt but I don't know how much head's & tail's I got in it so?? I guess I need to learn to use this from better so it very well could be operations head space!
Offline pot belly  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:34:43 AM(UTC)
pot belly

I have looked in recpic, all I have seen is the peach/mango unless I'm still not in the right place?
Offline heeler  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2014 1:53:52 AM(UTC)
heeler

"
Heeler I did get about 1qt but I don't know how much head's & tail's I got in it so?? I guess I need to learn to use this from better so it very well could be operations head space!

From what I'm reading in that is you did'nt run your still correctly, if you only got 1 quart from 5 gallons then that's an issue on method of distillation If there was actually etoh in the wash, then you said --don't know how much heads and tails I got in it.....that tells me no cuts were made either!!!!!!
No matter what recipe you make the wash is only the etoh or alcohol, the still and how you run it is what makes the end result drinkable or not.

If I may offer some friendly advice plz.....start with some thing easy like a fruit juice likker, they are easy to get the ingrediants and put together, then after you learn to construct and distill those then move on to the brandies, (fermenting fruit is Brandy)

pot belly...go to the ---- Brandy and other recipe section. Then look up -- Easy Fruit Juice likker recipe, you can get peach juice or mango juice or just about any juice you wanna try. This is one that's really easy to make, but, even so you still have to distill it properly and then make cut's and collect it in more than one jar, you have to read up on makeing cuts and collection of the product.......I really think you need to study more before you waste any more money on it but-but-but this is just my opinion. Good luck and happy stillin."