logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline whiskeylove  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:03:41 AM(UTC)
whiskeylove

Groups: Registered

Just starting off, would this be a good one to just start off with? Later if i don't like it i can go for a ps11, thoughts or reviews would be appreciated thx.
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:09:48 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Originally Posted by: whiskeylove Go to Quoted Post
Just starting off, would this be a good one to just start off with? Later if i don't like it i can go for a ps11, thoughts or reviews would be appreciated thx.

Hi whiskeylove,
To answer your question, yes. The Easystill/Mr. Distiller is great for beginners and is the easiest to operate and set up because there's no water lines to hook up and with the heating element built in, there's no propane burners or hotplates to deal with either. Now basically this is just a water distiller that's been modified to distill alcohol, but there's also been a few that went out that didn't get the nessecary modification that's needed for alcohol. Some like it and think it's an awesome little still to have, while others don't like it and set up something like I'll have once my 3 gallon boiler arrives. It's due to arrive tomorrow.
Offline Hokey  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 7:13:06 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello whiskeylove. +1 on what knightmare said. I started out with one because I did not know if I would enjoy the hobby. Well I did and upgraded as soon as I could. I still use the airstill from time to time. They are good for experimenting on small batches. Not good for vodka though.
Offline tom sawyer  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:28:57 PM(UTC)
tom sawyer

My friend has one and he makes many small batches of spirits with it. It's a great way to learn what comes out of a pot still. I was tempted to get one myself, they are so handy.