logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 2:19:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Check out the story in the Dallas Morning News- http://www.dallasnews.co...galizing-their-hobby.ece
Offline heeler  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 2:50:02 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
...and check out the tower that handsom devil is holding, nothing but the best!!!! I sure wish I had that pallet full of grains and sugars.
Offline dieselduo  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 5:49:10 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Really nice !!! Hopefully some other news agencies will pick it up and run with it
Offline admin  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 5:57:50 AM(UTC)
admin

Are you hitting on me, heeler? Tongue

Quote:
Hopefully some other news agencies will pick it up and run with it

I have contacted other news agencies, as has Alli. I have also forwarded this to the lobbyist, and my state and federal representatives. Others- please forward this to your local newspapers and Senators / Representatives. Let's show them that this needs to be done, and that there are many people behind it!
Offline admin  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 6:19:11 AM(UTC)
admin

The story has now been picked up by NBC local news- [FONT="Calibri"]http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Hobbist-Distillers-Aim-to-Legalize-Homemade-Liquor-255184681.html[/FONT]
#6 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 7:14:32 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

That's awesome. It's 200 gallons per year now for homebrewed beer and wine. I'll do a google search and confirm this here in a bit. The professional criminal out in the woods is completely different compared to a hobby distiller. Quality, being consistant, and not selling what we make is the main differences. Thank goodness I did get the AFP because in the article, they did use that list to make arrests for home distilling which is a bunch of crap IMO. Here's a question that will answer alot of theirs for legalizing home distilling. If someone asks why they should legalize home distilling, give them this response: "Please allow me to answer your question by asking another. Have you ever heard of someone getting arrested for make their own beer or wine?"
Offline johnnyapplepie  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 8:27:15 AM(UTC)
johnnyapplepie

Nice article! Lets hope the story spreads.
Offline dieselduo  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 8:51:26 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

how can we get this story to other news agencies especially Florida since the TTB/ATF busts were not even picked up locally
Offline admin  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 9:21:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Contact your newspapers and news agencies directly and give them the links. Follow up with them. This has turned out to get far more attention than I had expected, so it is definitely newsworthy, therefore they should be interested in picking it up.
#10 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 9:24:24 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Originally Posted by: johnnyapplepie Go to Quoted Post
Nice article! Lets hope the story spreads.

Yes it was and lets hope it does spread.

Originally Posted by: dieselduo Go to Quoted Post
how can we get this story to other news agencies especially Florida since the TTB/ATF busts were not even picked up locally

I know. They used those lists from every still manufacturer that they got warrants for to make busts. I wonder if they know that for everyone taken down, at least 2 more take his or her place?
Offline admin  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 3:55:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Check out the Denver Post (www.denverpost.com (http://www.denverpost.com))- they have an article about the legalization movement and a poll on their homepage asking people whether or not the government should end the ban on home distilling. Please take a second to go to their website to cast your vote!
Offline dieselduo  
#12 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:12:52 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

just casted my vote. glad to see more in the news. wish someone could get it in the papers in Florida.
Offline admin  
#13 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:37:17 AM(UTC)
admin

It's getting out there, and momentum is still building. I would bet that this will catch national attention very soon! Wink
Offline dieselduo  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 6:34:25 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

maybe HDA should try to rekindle HR 3249 which was tabled http://www.gin-vodka.com/billhr3249.html
Offline John Barleycorn  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 7:21:26 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"From our original proposal:

Quote:
On November 7, 2001, Rep. Bart Stupak [D-MI] introduced a bill (H.R. 3249) entitled, "Repeal of Prohibition of Production of Distilled Spirits on Certain Premises." The bill was referred to the House Ways and Means Committee and died. On October 23, 2007, the bill was re-introduced as H.R. 3949 and once again died in committee. Rep. Stupak chose not to seek re-election in 2010 and departed Congress in January 2011.

Contrary to popular belief among hobbyists and a few well meaning, but sadly misinformed journalists, the bill offered little in the way of legalization. The bill only sought to remove language within 26 USC that prevented distilled spirits plants from being established in dwelling houses, sheds, and yards. If the bill had made it out of committee, was passed, and ultimately signed into law, it would have been possible to establish a distilled spirits plant (DSP) within a home. This of course, would require all of the same permits, licenses, bond payments, tax payments, and reporting that are currently required. Since the primary impediments to home distilling would remain intact, the bill was useless from a hobbyist's perspective. From an administrative perspective however, the unintended consequences of allowing DSPs to be established within a home were uncertain at best. It's no surprise that the bill never made it out of committee and lacked even a single cosponsor
"
Offline dieselduo  
#16 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 7:46:51 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

thanx for the info
Offline dieselduo  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 1:20:45 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Offline admin  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:51:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Offline dieselduo  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:10:35 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

I was wondering how Admins meetings went in Washington with committees and the TTB. Hope all went well !
Offline admin  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:57:09 AM(UTC)
admin

The good news- my meetings from last week (Sen. Cruz, Rep. Burgess) and this week (Sen. Cornyn, TTB) went very well.

The bad news- we cannot speak about the specifics of the meeting with the TTB, other than to say that it went well, and that we had important people on their side, right up to the administrator himself.

If you follow the HDA website (www.hobbydistillersassociation.org (http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org)), the Brewhaus blog (www.brewhaus.com/blog (http://www.brewhaus.com/blog)), or the HDA or Brewhaus Facebook pages you will see updates on the meetings, and be kept up to date as things progress.

What I can say- We are at a point where it is extremely important to be contacting our Senators and Congresspeople to generate support. We have added the HDA One-Pager to the downloads available at the HDA website, so you can download and mail them a copy of the one pager and safety document. A cover letter would be good, just outlining who you are and that you want their support on this. It is helpful to state that we are just looking for parity with home brewing and home winemaking (this particular term seems to have impact with them, maybe because it draws a direct link between those hobbies and ours).
Do not just assume that someone else in your state or district has contacted the representatives, so you do not need to. If a Senator receives 50 requests it just shows that we have widespread support, and drives home how important this is to their constituents! They may only read one copy, but they will know that there are 49 more asking for their support. This is what matters to them. It is the cost of three or four sheets of paper, an envelope, a stamp, and about five minutes of your time. If you want to see this succeed we really need you to help.

Willing to go that extra mile? Request a meeting with your Senators and Representative while they are back in your state. Congress is out until after the election, so it is a good time to request a meeting, especially for those not up for re-election. This extra effort also helps to drive things home, and gives you the opportunity to ask for their support face-to-face, and respond to any concerns that they have.

This may sound like another plug for support, but we need help to get legislation introduced and through the process. Without saying too much, just focus on the basic documents (one pager and safety document) from the HDA website. We do not need to put the onus on them to draft anything- we just need them to commit their support.

If you get them to commit to supporting the cause let us know. Our lobbyist is keeping a list of those who support us so that he can stay in touch with them, and give them updates directly.