logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline scotty  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:59:31 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

I force carbonated the beer in the corney keg. I used my CO2 tank at 40 psig for 24 hours and 20 psig for 24 hours.
The beer is carbonated but when I dispense a glass it is all foam and must sit for a few minutes to see all the beer. I let it sit overnight without the 10 pounds recommended for dispensing. I thought that it might settle down; but it didn't. I tried setting the dispensing pressure to 8 psig and that made no diference.

Boy would I appreciate help with this.
Offline John Barleycorn  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:24:56 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
You probably need to let it sit at serving pressure a little longer ... it should eventually settle down.
Offline birdgunner  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:47:09 PM(UTC)
birdgunner

I often crash carb and will have similar initial results, what works for me is to cut the CO2, bleed the pressure (hopefully your corny lid has the pull ring pressure relief) and fill a pitcher, half way through it should level out, turn the CO2 back on to 6-10 psi and you should be good. If not or if it works well for a few pours then goes back to foam, repeat as it means you over carbed.
When I don't want to wait for standard force carbing and elect to crash, I go to 30psi, bleed the oxygen (don't want to oxidize fresh beer) in the headspace and roll the corny on its side for 20 minutes (you will hear the co2 bubbling), put the keg back in the kegerator, psi set to 20 and the next afternoon I bleed the pressure, set to 10 psi and am usually good to go after the first or second pour. Good luck.
Offline scotty  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 7:51:08 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

We have the beer foaming problem licked. It is ready for transportation. We bled off some carbonation, cooled the beer and didn't open the tap all the way. I also found a less offensive way of carbonating with less pressure. I also reduced the dispensing pressure to 5 pounds
Offline melvin  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2014 1:17:01 PM(UTC)
melvin

There is enough co2 in the beer that letting all of the pressure out of the keg and letting it sit for a few days would not hurt it. This has happened to me and this is how I handle it. Trust me it will work.