logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RCRed  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:46:23 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I cooked up about 4 5gal SF washes this past weekend and into the fermenters they went...

As usual, the ferments took right off, hot and heavy except 1... Number two... Hmm... No matter, I waited a day or two-still no joy.. ... I pressed the edge of the fermenter lid down and noticed the water in the lock moved up, but the bubble cap did NOT. So.. I took the airlock out side, set it on the fence post. I loaded up a 50 cal round and took aim. The bubble cap wasn't jammed any more, nor could I find any recognizable part of it.

I went back inside, put a new airlock from inventory in - and... bubbles... :)

Never underestimate the pure release that a lead based solution can offer Wink
Offline RCRed  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:49:34 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Here is the brother of the aforementioned Airlock;
http://www.distillitrak....ure_library/IMG_1543.MOV
Offline epicdoom  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:30:38 PM(UTC)
epicdoom

LOL brother you sound like me if it don't work I BLOW IT UP. There is a certain satisfaction that comes with destroying things. Its innate in all of us Male folk just some of us like to do it, others are content just to watch. I like you am a do-er 50 cal was a good choice BTW nothing exceeds like excess.

Semper Fi
Offline RCRed  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 2:26:35 PM(UTC)
RCRed

Well.... there's always a story behind a story... Before I realized it was the lock, I'd done every last frikin' diagnostic to see why this one bastid wasn't taking off and the other two washes I'd made at the same time were like a line of 155's on rapid fire for effect thru their airlocks...Even talked to a fellow distiller abt it and he raised the specter that I was a computer geek and thus prone to a loss of common sense over the abstract, and did I check the orings/locks since that "one" is a new fermenter set up.. Shit...

Of course, it was NOT one of my Brewhaus fermenters, but one I got at the beer shop, fine and sturdy bucket and lid... Just that they don't have as good of airlocks as BH sells - a BH airlock is in there now... And, they are different.. longer stem on the beer shop airlocks, whereas the water chamber is taller on the BH model but a shorter stem (A lot like my 50's were Wink ...

You should see what I have planned for this GE (Chinese made) kitchen stove, some day..... I plan to have an Ar party in the back pasture and simulate an AC130 gunship run on it with 10 or 15 of us unloading...