logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline curtsat15  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 1:03:24 PM(UTC)
curtsat15

Groups: Registered

Just picked up 50 pounds of sugar on sale for 50cents/pound. Local store had a whopper sale for canning season. Time to play with new recipes I'm thinking.
Offline scotty  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:39:26 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

60 cents is the cheapest I ever find it---great guy
Offline curtsat15  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:59:39 PM(UTC)
curtsat15

Well that was just an edumacated guess actually. It was on for a buck a kilogram so now that I grab my calcamolator, it was actually 45 cents a pound. Hehehehe! Had to make a few trips though. Limit was 3 1kg bags per customer. Good thing I only live 3 blocks from that store.
Offline kane  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:11:00 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i was curious about the corn sugar does tractor supply have it ?
Offline RCRed  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:41:41 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kane Go to Quoted Post
i was curious about the corn sugar does tractor supply have it ?
If they do, they don' sell it in Texas.. I shop there a lot as I need crap they have for the spread here, and I like the carthart clothing line(It's lasts forever, takes a beating, and, fits fat bellaes better Cool ) . Heck, they don't even carry decent sweet feed.

Most of my research shows it's mostly available online. Brewhaus sells Dextrose which is a gluose from cornstarch.

Amazon has a few options -
http://www.amazon.com/s?...3Aaps%2Ck%3ACorn%20sugar
Offline cabobill  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:32:34 AM(UTC)
cabobill

"RollEyes
Originally Posted by: RCRed Go to Quoted Post
If they do, they don' sell it in Texas.. I shop there a lot as I need crap they have for the spread here, and I like the carthart clothing line(It's lasts forever, takes a beating, and, fits fat bellaes better Cool ) . Heck, they don't even carry decent sweet feed.

Most of my research shows it's mostly available online. Brewhaus sells Dextrose which is a gluose from cornstarch.

Amazon has a few options -
http://www.amazon.com/s?...3Aaps%2Ck%3ACorn%20sugar

the affiliated foods in emory has cheap sugar

fine grind sugar 5lbs 4 for 5.00 or .25 cents a pound
at 5 bucks for 20 pounds think i will spent anextra 20.00 there this week"
Offline RCRed  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:01:56 AM(UTC)
RCRed

That works out to be about the same as Costco has it for... 16 for 50lb sack...

Of course, when a body goes in there and carries 4 50lb'ers to the cashier, ya always get commentary... Wink
Offline cabobill  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:39:04 AM(UTC)
cabobill

"
That works out to be about the same as Costco has it for... 16 for 50lb sack...

Of course, when a body goes in there and carries 4 50lb'ers to the cashier, ya always get commentary... Wink

yea thats pretty cheap too,but the price of gas for me to get to costco is way to much,heck they have to pump the sunshine out here to my houseCoolthe display at the food mart must have been a bout 3,000 lbs.the cashier never even looked upas i bought 80 lbs for 20.00bucks. i paid 4.98 last week at walmart for a 10lb bag.so at 25.00 for 100 lbs in emory vs 32.00 for a hundred at costco the gas and my time i think ill get some more in emory haha.i think i lost 10 brandy boy tomatoe plants last nite,i did cover them with pots but it was 20 on my back pourch this morning,i started them 1st of jan.the ones in the green house made it,damn i hate to lose them."
Offline RCRed  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:53:46 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Yea, I hear ya on the Costco - I got one abt 30M away, and I buy a ton of crap from them when I go in the other areas of foodstuffs.. 100 lbs of pinto beans, rice, etc.. So it makes it worth the run.

As to the garden...

I dunno, bro, the Almanac said we's gonna go late on the last frost/freezes this season.. I was holding off on putting out the greenhouse starts for now... I just now flipped the earth... And it was down to 22f this morn - thas cold for this close to March around here - should be more like in the 40's..

And the 10 day's saying even colder at nights thru the period ahead. I even postponed plantin' taters till 10 March. The earth (soil) is still too cold.
Offline cabobill  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:56:27 AM(UTC)
cabobill

"
Yea, I hear ya on the Costco - I got one abt 30M away, and I buy a ton of crap from them when I go in the other areas of foodstuffs.. 100 lbs of pinto beans, rice, etc.. So it makes it worth the run.

As to the garden...

I dunno, bro, the Almanac said we's gonna go late on the last frost/freezes this season.. I was holding off on putting out the greenhouse starts for now... I just now flipped the earth... And it was down to 22f this morn - thas cold for this close to March around here - should be more like in the 40's..

And the 10 day's saying even colder at nights thru the period ahead. I even postponed plantin' taters till 10 March. The earth (soil) is still too cold.

sure wish i had a costco that close ,its 150 mi r/t for me,
just yesterday we were talking about restraint,well i just had to put some maters in last week when it was in the 70's,came back and bite me in the ass.i put my taters in on feb 14 some red lasodas and youkon golds,last year a late hard freez burnt the leaves off but they came back in a couple of weeks,didnt yield as good as i had hoped.you know some times i just cant wait."
Offline scotty  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:15:01 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

my closest costo is 90 miles--