logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 10:50:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

"I paid my local distillery a visit today and got me a couple of rubber bungs that are pre-drilled for an airlock. I asked him about the VABC's approval rate for micro distillers and it wasn't pretty. He basically told me that they won't grant you a distiller's license for drinking alcohol unless they can make a minimum of $10,000 dollars in profit per year. He also said that if he knew how much crap he'd have to go through back then, he would've stayed where I am at now and got the fuel alcohol license from the VABC. Yes they do have one. My VABC agent said that you must put ""Fuel Alcohol"" on the application and there's no bond or sample required for it either. My VABC agent also left out some information to. He didn't tell me that I would have to do a presentation to get distribution in the state of VA. They're making it too hard for the little guy to get started basically. Now imo, he didn't spend his money too wisely on his distilling equipment either. He spent $7K on his 30 gallon pot still. It's a nice still mind you, but you can get a tower and a closed top stainless steel barrel for alot less than that just by going to Brewhaus and the following website:

http://www.bubbasbarrels.com/

So I'm going to get the fuel distiller's license from the VABC when I get enough money saved up."
#2 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 11:31:17 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Here's another thing that I need to point out as well. He said he has half of a million dollars tied up in his distillery. I have read and seen that all over the web in various articles and what not. Also keep in mind that he could be lying to me to keep me from going legal because I would be his competetion if I was to get started.