logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline heeler  
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 11:57:36 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
No problem, that much more for me. Hmmmmmm a T-bone, collards, grits, and gravy....that does sound yummy.
Offline aaa  
#22 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 12:08:09 PM(UTC)
aaa

Groups: Registered

heeler, I will trade u,, some t-bones for some warmth, its 3 degrees f outside here,,,btw, I do my fermenting out side, what yeast do you recommend that won't freeze? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
Offline scotty  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 1:19:50 PM(UTC)
scotty

We are expecting 25 deg F. tonight here
Offline aaa  
#24 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 3:39:02 PM(UTC)
aaa

its 4 below O right now here, im from sw pa scotty,,, are u from pa
Offline scotty  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 2:58:49 AM(UTC)
scotty

Originally Posted by: aaa Go to Quoted Post
its 4 below O right now here, im from sw pa scotty,,, are u from pa

NO-- I'm from long Island n.y.
My dream was to retire to Lancaster county; but as I became older it seemed to get colder there every winter lol. SOOOO I'm in central florida.
Offline heeler  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:17:19 AM(UTC)
heeler

"
Originally Posted by: aaa Go to Quoted Post
heeler, I will trade u,, some t-bones for some warmth, its 3 degrees f outside here,,,btw, I do my fermenting out side, what yeast do you recommend that won't freeze? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

aaa, I cant say any yeast will thrive in that temp, now a lager beer yeast will ferment down to 34F but its very slow and it prolly wont make much etoh. A beer wash is only 4-6% and a likker wash can be 12-18%. I'm sorry I dont have a yeast recomendation, my only recomendation would be find a warmer place to ferment."
Offline cczero  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:42:48 AM(UTC)
cczero

"
Originally Posted by: scotty Go to Quoted Post
the year coming in safely. but be sure to try and enjoy,BigGrin

Happy New Year to you as well. Looking forward to a great year with prayer's I'm blessed with a grandchild. Now that my kids have long left the nest, I'm hopeful my family will increase this year."
Offline aaa  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 10:30:57 AM(UTC)
aaa

very good answer,, heeler,,, I expected a answer,,,, like,,, typical dum yankee,,,, but you did fine....
Offline heeler  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 4:13:05 AM(UTC)
heeler

No no no...I'm not sure there are many dumber than me!!! Ya know a 5 gallon bucket will fit nicely in any closet in your house so concealment is pretty easy with one of those and I would have to assume that nobody lets their house got down to 40F on purpose so really if you can put one in the house like in a spare bathroom or in the garage with a heating pad or brewbelt you can still ferment even up north. Your ideal ferm temp would be 65-80F but of course for you right now 65-70F would be great.
Offline scotty  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 4:33:39 AM(UTC)
scotty

Originally Posted by: heeler Go to Quoted Post
No no no...I'm not sure there are many dumber than me!!! Ya know a 5 gallon bucket will fit nicely in any closet in your house so concealment is pretty easy with one of those and I would have to assume that nobody lets their house got down to 40F on purpose so really if you can put one in the house like in a spare bathroom or in the garage with a heating pad or brewbelt you can still ferment even up north. Your ideal ferm temp would be 65-80F but of course for you right now 65-70F would be great.

When I have cold conditions. I use both an electric blanket on lowest setting under the fermenter and a brew belt wrapped around the fermenter. I wrap the fermenter in a blanket and with a thermo well and a ranco thermostat in series,I turn the setup on and off at about 70 or so.
Offline aaa  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 4:48:06 PM(UTC)
aaa

ty for the advise
Offline Alli  
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 3:11:40 AM(UTC)
Alli

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well folks, now that the New Year celebrations have passed and we are all fat and happy it is time to bring reality back in check. It is January 11th and our beloved congress is back in DC doing what they do best (fill in the blank)............., and I can identify forum members from 3 states on this thread. Of the three states I counted, only 1 of them have had our legalization packages sent to the congressional representatives in those states. Now is a good time to get off your asses and on your feet and get those legalization packages mailed or emailed to your state's representatives and Senators. If you have already mailed a package, this is the time to follow-up with a questionnaire requesting a response. For those of you who retired to another state after retirement, if you did not piss-off everyone in your home state before you left or if you find an old friend or relative who will agree to send the package in for you, lets get with the program. As always, after you have done all this work, at most- 5 to 15 minutes- and if you are still (pun) not to paranoid- please send me the person you contacted, the date and the state so I can add it to the Legislative Contact List. Thanks again,
Alli