logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jojo1  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 1:15:03 AM(UTC)
jojo1

Groups: Registered

I can't believe what I want to go pick up my extractor I was told that they would need to take my information down and turned into the state of Texas. I need some help on this If not this is one hobby that's gonna be very short-lived. Thanks you for all your help in this matter.
Offline heeler  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 1:29:16 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"What help do you need??

You aren't the only one that this is happening to......

It's not against the law to own a distillation unit...ssshhhhhhhhhhh"
Offline jojo1  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 1:46:00 AM(UTC)
jojo1

I'm just not comfortable letting big brother know what I have. Does that mean they can come by my house at any time and asked to see it. Will I be on some sort of list for potential whatever. I don't like buying bottled water I figured I could do all my own water purification with this type of set up. When I want to purchase my extractor I was told that they would have to take down my name number and address and then send it off to the state of Texas to be on the list of people who own extractors.
Offline dieselduo  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 1:50:32 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I wouldn't worry about it too much with the thousands that are sold and I think your name goes to the TTB not the state. As Scotty would say, you are small potatoes
Offline heeler  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 2:02:57 AM(UTC)
heeler

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"Well you just said that you are gonna make your own water.....that's not against the law either. And like diesel said 1000's of these are sold daily. and you can bet ur azz big brother already knows about you and me and him and well you get the idea. Dont do anything against the law and the still should be no problem.
I know I'm as pure as the driven snow and dont have any problem sleeping at night, but then nobody has knocked an my door and asked to see my water distillation unit YET. You and I are miniscule in the big scheme of things, we have a member that says --dont sell - dont tell, shhhhhh"
Offline jojo1  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 2:39:34 AM(UTC)
jojo1

Okay thanks for all y'all's help. I look forward to this long challenge of purifying My own waters.
Offline scotty  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 4:57:21 AM(UTC)
scotty

HHHHMMMMMM saint diesel. st. heeler---st scotty---etc lol lol
Offline RCRed  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 6:13:08 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
jojo - If you live in a "dry" county in Texas, you are allowed by the TABC to have one quart. If you are in a "wet" county, no.... so don't have any "quarts" around, eh?

That exemption still does not exccuse the federal statute. You still have to deal with that, and other Texans have opted for a AFP Small permit from the Feds. Keep the gear broken down and sterile, parts stored seperately, and you will be fine. The TTB states you have to register it once it is "installed" - that is, over a burner and assembled for use. I'm splitting nat pubes here, but it's clearly written.

The TABC will leave you alone pretty much as long as you keep it a hobby, and keep it to yourself. Don't be selling, giving samples, or talking it up - this is something as lonely as a Barry Manilow Concert in Paris, Texas...

As stated it is not illegal to own the equipment in Texas. My name also went in to the TTB (not TABC) on a "list" along with 90 thousand others nationally. Remember, we can distill water, essential oils, and a variety of things that don't have any thing to do w/etoh.

Search the forum to find out more BigGrin
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:52:45 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

jo jo,
The only thing that's illegal to distill without the proper licenses is Alcohol. The state(s) alcohol control board and the TTB are not going after the little fish in the big pond. They're going after the sharks that cause them alot of problems. They are not going to waste their time on prosecuting someone that keeps quiet, produces a small amount, and doesn't sell what they distill. Even local L.E.O's in states with the toughest restriction laws will tell you this. The TTB wanted the names because they want to make sure that people who do have the proper licensing, are regsitering their equipment. That's all that is.
Offline dasorge  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:40:48 AM(UTC)
dasorge

are the laws in Texas pretty much the same in other states? I built my apparatus. there are only a few close friends who know what i do as a hobby.
Offline RCRed  
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:32:49 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: dasorge Go to Quoted Post
are the laws in Texas pretty much the same in other states? I built my apparatus. there are only a few close friends who know what i do as a hobby.
What I am finding out is a LOT of folks in Texas brew they's own...Because of the state laws governing dry counties, it's legal (at the state level) for one quart (or about what an air still makes), as long as you are in a dry county.

TABC enforcement is mostly focused on those that are selling. Private, single use is not harassed, unless goven a reason to do so.
#12 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:29:22 PM(UTC)

"
Originally Posted by: dasorge Go to Quoted Post

Nope. Some don't allow it at all. While others require a seperate license other than the federal government's license from the TTB. We can pretty much lay the all of the blame on prohibiton era. That's where this whole mess started. Alot of states have changed their laws over the years and some have made it easier to obtain a seperate license from the state while others have eased up on penalties. Basically alot of people are tired of fighting a losing battle.

Originally Posted by: RCRed Go to Quoted Post
What I am finding out is a LOT of folks in Texas brew they's own...Because of the state laws governing dry counties, it's legal (at the state level) for one quart (or about what an air still makes), as long as you are in a dry county.

TABC enforcement is mostly focused on those that are selling. Private, single use is not harassed, unless goven a reason to do so.

It boils down to the person mainly. You have two choices. Either be a hobbyist and fly under the radar, or be a professional criminal and eventually get caught. It's also not a question of if you get caught but when. Keep in mind that it only takes one mistake before you get locked up."
Offline RCRed  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 5:12:04 AM(UTC)
RCRed

If the statute is read, the difference is wet vs. dry counties.

I advise folks to read the laws yourself. it's not hard to find the TABC website and they are clear.
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 2:08:36 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RCRed Go to Quoted Post
If the statute is read, the difference is wet vs. dry counties.

I advise folks to read the laws yourself. it's not hard to find the TABC website and they are clear.

Yep they couldn't be more clearer.
Offline Snuffy  
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 10:45:06 PM(UTC)
Snuffy

"sassinfrassin gubmint tellin' me what I can and can't do (insert nuclear mushroom cloud here)

The very fact that ""they"" requiresome kind of B.S. registration is reason enough for me to buy one out'a State or have it trans-shipped by a friend or relative from a slightly less fascist State. Call it civil disobedience if ya will. Ultimately it's all crap anyway. They ain't the least bit worried about anything other than protectin' the big corporate producers' monopolies and squeezin' every last penny of taxes that they can get their grubby mitts on.

Live and let live. As long as my personal behavior, eating, drinking and or smoking habits don't infringe on anyone elses use and enjoyment of the commons, or their personal property, nobody should have squat to say about any of it. Like the man said, ""My right to swing my fist ends at the tip of your nose.""
How ironic that Ron Paul represented a district in Texas.

This is the same State where the Ferals were allowing, nay, forcing gun shop owners to sell weapons to the Mexican drug cartels and notpaying attention to where it all ended up, right?

I have definitely lived too long and seen too much. All of this crap 'cuz they've obviously caught and prosecuted all of the real criminals, like their pimps on Wall Street. Oops... that's right, Nobody There Goes to Jail!?

Somebody just shoot me now and get it over with. You'd think they'd wanna keep us all as drunk as possible all of the time, just to keep us from flippin' out over the crap that they pull every day."