logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rusty zipper  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 3:16:33 PM(UTC)
rusty zipper

Groups: Registered

Hello new to the forum,I ordered the PS11 high capacity with the 15 gallon kettle on 1-17-13 my order says it will ship on 3-8-13, is it worth the wait or should I go elsewhere.
Offline Bushy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:41:32 PM(UTC)
Bushy

Hi Rusty, I'd give Rick at BH a call and see if it's going to take that long to get your order out. Their equipment quality is very good and IMHO worth the money and the wait.
Offline John Barleycorn  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:59:14 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"Rusty,

I have the PSII HC and really like it. I have also found Rick and the good folks at Brewhaus to be very pleasant to work with ... and their service has been very good. Just keep in mind that quality, reputation and service can be a big part of what you're purchasing. So whatever you decide to do, make sure you ask around. My wait wasn't quite as long as yours, but I wasn't dissapointed. And I still remember how damned itchy I was to get started.

Also, just like everything else, it seems these delays happen in cycles so t's possible that lead times are up for many vendors ... just something to double-check before you switch vendors.

Regards,
--JB"
Offline Maddawgs  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:38:41 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Hi Rusty,
I had to wait a few weeks for mine. I have pics posted in my thread "its here". Rick and his crew do top quality work. That is what makes them so busy and probably why you have the long build time. Yes, it is definately worth the wait.
Maddawgs
Offline Coldwolf  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:56:47 PM(UTC)
Coldwolf

I love my psll hc it is well worth the wait and then some I will never get another still unless its from Rick
Offline rusty zipper  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:18:18 PM(UTC)
rusty zipper

Looks like I'm getting the replies I expected, I pertly much had my mind made up to wait but wanted to see what others thought. I did talk to several of Brewhaus competitors before I ordered and not one had any thing negative to say, they all sad Brewhaus was a good company with a great product and Rick is a good guy. Some of the things I liked about BH is you can purchase about anything you need and this forum [lot good information by well informed people] March will come soon enough and it shouldn't be so dam cold out so I can use it by the way how cold is to cold to distill.

Thank You for your input
Offline muadib2001  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:30:59 PM(UTC)
muadib2001

Originally Posted by: rusty zipper Go to Quoted Post
by the way how cold is to cold to brew.

Do you mean ferment or distill?

FERMENT:
A lot of the members like to ferment in the cool range, probably meaning from 60°F to maybe 75°F, but it takes longer. Other yeasts don't mind temps up to 90°F, but may produce undesirable flavors. Your mileage may vary. Read on, brother!

DISTILL:
I suppose the answer is, whatever temp you can get output from your rig. In my cold garage with uninsulated copper out of the pot, I couldn't get a drop (vapor was condensing before it ever reached the worm). If you're outside, wind may be an issue.
Offline rusty zipper  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:47:36 PM(UTC)
rusty zipper

what I meant is to distill
Offline Maddawgs  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:35:40 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: rusty zipper Go to Quoted Post
what I meant is to distill

Hi Rusty,
In an unheated area in a cold climate on cold windy days you may need to insulate the column. I actually insulated my garage while my PS2HC was being built so now with just a space heater I can get my area up to 70f when I need to work in there.
Maddawgs
Offline Farmin in the woods  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:04:11 AM(UTC)
Farmin in the woods

Hi Rusty, I too had to wait for my PS2HC, but i've never been happier and am glad i waited. I started a neutral wash in the kitchen while waiting and it was ready and waiting when the ups truck stopped by.
As to cold weather distilling, ive run a few batches lately, and definately noticed ity takes longer and uses more propane to get to temp, so i need to insulate the column also. I havent tried to ferment outside in the cold...just dont seem right.
Good luck,
Farmin
Offline Norske  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 5:13:28 PM(UTC)
Norske

Ok I may be late posting but I am up to page 70 and so far no one seems to deal with the water! Jack Daniels is all about the water. We all have water available but what does it contain? What about PH, PPM, chlorine, iron and such. Maybe a little more infomation on the water would help in mashing. I'm thinking about getting my water right and then mix the BW receipt in. I would like constructive responses. Confused
Offline RCRed  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 3:20:09 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Heya Norske and welcome...

There are a number of threads here and at homedistiller.org that discuss water quality, content and effect.

A quick search here;

http://www.brewhausforum...lled&highlight=water

http://www.brewhausforum...hard&highlight=water

Lots of opine. I don't like my rural water's content so I use Ozarka (filtered spring water) or carbon filtered tap water for my consumption needs.

Cheers...
Offline scotty  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 4:47:48 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Originally Posted by: Norske Go to Quoted Post
Ok I may be late posting but I am up to page 70 and so far no one seems to deal with the water! Jack Daniels is all about the water. We all have water available but what does it contain? What about PH, PPM, chlorine, iron and such. Maybe a little more infomation on the water would help in mashing. I'm thinking about getting my water right and then mix the BW receipt in. I would like constructive responses. Confused

I use burton water salts to emulate the mountain water--- there is also Dublin water salts to us to make Irish style whiskey. Naturally both are used with distilled water. Tongue)