logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hokey  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 10:11:14 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I finally had a chance to make my first run. I had to shut it down early but I finally got to smell what fores smell like. (polish remover) With my air still I never got that. Air still is too small a batch I would assume. Any way. I started with 6 gals of old white wine, copper and raschig rings in tower, 1500 watt hot plate. (took too long) I will put internals in for next run. Took 200 mls of fores. To start tower temp went from 92 F to 160 F in about 30 sec. With the RSC on variable and very little h20 the temp would drop down to 130 F. So I decided to keep the RSC on full and just slightly more h20. still very little though. I had separate cooling pumps for condenser and tower. After fores, temp settled in at 172.8 for the rest of the time I ran it. Product was coming off at between 93 and 94%. I left it set up so might start it again tomorrow just for giggles. Is there a problem with doing that?
Offline dieselduo  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 10:16:02 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
If that was your sacrificial I don't think there would be any need to continue. Just dump it and do a real run
Offline okie  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 11:47:01 AM(UTC)
okie

If you have all stainless I think you are fine. A copper still needs a good hour or longer run it's been said.