logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Bholc91  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:29:54 AM(UTC)
Bholc91

Groups: Registered

Okay so this will be my first time making my own moonshine. last Tuesday night we made the mash but we weren't able to put the yeast in until first thing Wednesday morning because it was so hot. So now here it is Tuesday 6 days later and I was wondering if my mash is ready. My recipe was 2&a half pounds of corn mill, four pounds of sugar, 2 packs of yeast, and water in a 5q gallon water jug with a condom on top and small holes on the condom.
Offline dieselduo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:00:25 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I think you should invest in a hydrometer to get the specific gravity of your wash so you can tell when it's done.An airlock would be nice too because when it stops bubbling it is usually done
Offline heeler  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:17:59 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"It kinda depends on a few factors....what yeast did you use? What was the fermentation temp throughout the six days?

Look and see if its got a sizzleing action inside...that means its still fermenting. (((A condom????? are you in prison???)))

No matter, it can sit untill you can run it like this weekend or so, and as Diesel stated go ahead and get yourself the tools you need to enjoy what you make. They dont cost that much really and KNOWING its ready is better than guessing. Once you've done 5-6 washes then you'll know but still haveing what you need makes it fun."