logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maddawgs  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 11:01:58 PM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Groups: Registered

I've been screwing around with some flavoring experiments and came up with this one that came out really good.
750ml 100 proof homemade vodka
2oz Mcormick pure root beer extract
Mix the two together and shake well, 24 hours later shake well again, 24 hours later shake well again.
This looks, tastes, and smells just like mug root beer. You can drink it as a shot, straight up or as a mixer. Just be carefull as you cannot smell or taste the 100 proof and it is like crack for a root beer lover so rapid drunkeness is possible. I'm thinking of trying to carbonate it with one of those soda making machines
Have fun, Maddawgs
Offline Hokey  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:11:39 PM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey MD, The other day I made a small bottle of root beer the same way and you are correct. It tastes great. I have a Soda Stream soda water maker. I'm not sure what it would do with the vodka mixture but like the idiot that I am I did try to carbonate chardonnay to get champagne. LOL What a mess!!! Pretty funny. Just glad no one was there to laugh at me. So I will be making my own vodka and my own soda H2O. I'm a happy guy.
Offline Maddawgs  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:48:02 PM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: Hokey Go to Quoted Post
Hey MD, The other day I made a small bottle of root beer the same way and you are correct. It tastes great. I have a Soda Stream soda water maker. I'm not sure what it would do with the vodka mixture but like the idiot that I am I did try to carbonate chardonnay to get champagne. LOL What a mess!!! Pretty funny. Just glad no one was there to laugh at me. So I will be making my own vodka and my own soda H2O. I'm a happy guy.

Hi Hokey,
Yup I am worried about the mess part. I think I'll try a half liter in a liter bottle. Hopefully it will cut down on any potential mess. This mix tastes pretty good and I don't want to lose any.
Maddawgs
Offline ratflinger  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:41:59 PM(UTC)
ratflinger

I don't think the CO2 injector tube is that long
Offline phineascoates  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:05:21 PM(UTC)
phineascoates

I have an experience doing a fermentation process specifically in root beer. Actually, making a root beer is an easy task if you are complying all the ingredients. Furthermore, you have to content most importantly the good process and the good term of method it will helps you a lot to make your beer good taste.
Offline Maddawgs  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:36:56 PM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: phineascoates Go to Quoted Post
I have an experience doing a fermentation process specifically in root beer. Actually, making a root beer is an easy task if you are complying all the ingredients. Furthermore, you have to content most importantly the good process and the good term of method it will helps you a lot to make your beer good taste.

Hi phineas,
Not sure what you mean. I think we all try to use the best process we can to get the best result we can. I usually just try to distill the best vodka I can and then experiment with flavors.
Maddawgs