logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hokey  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 2:28:10 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi guys, Quick question. I started a sweet feed wash the other day with the following. 5 to 6 lbs of sweet feed heated in 4 gals of h2o also with 1 qt molasses in pot to 150* for half hr. Added 1 lb distillers malt and let it sit for 8 hrs. then added 2 gals warm h2o with 7 lbs of sugar. AG was 1.100 so I added cool h2o to bring down to 1.090.When 85* I added 3 crushed Beano tabs, sprinkled 1 pkt of Still spirits Whisky yeast on top. Waited 15 min and stirred in and locked down. Most of the next day the air lock was VERY active till I got home from work around 10:30 and it was only 1 bubble every 5 sec. And a little slower this morning. I've never had a ferment slow down that quickly. Should I leave it alone or add something?

By the way SG this morn is 1.010
Offline Bushy  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 2:45:29 AM(UTC)
Bushy

Hi Hokey, if it's still working leave it alone. Sounds like it's almost done. Just be sure the ambient temp stays up around 75 degrees and it should finish in a few days.
Offline Hokey  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 2:53:41 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
OK thanks Bushy was not sure. i think I'm going to have to put the brew belt on. temp is mid to high 60's.
Oh and while I'm at it. Thanks for the info on VM stills on the other thread. My PSII is ordered.