logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cczero  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 1:58:20 AM(UTC)
cczero

Groups: Registered

"Happened to flip on the TV this morning and saw an info-commercial for the NUWAVEPIC oven (https://www.nuwavepic.com/) and was wondering if this may be an option for use as a hot plate for my PSII kettle. I'm currently using propane but would like to have an alternate source of heat. The spec's state it uses 600W-1500W from low to sear and does not get hot to the touch, uses induction technology. Just curios if anyone else has seen this commercial or has thought about using it. I don't know how much weight it would tolerate. I am currently doing 5 gals of wash.

Thanks."
Offline Crabby Krausen  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 2:54:14 AM(UTC)
Crabby Krausen

The hotplate modified is much sturdier and proven effective. That looks like a chinese toy to me. 3 easy payments--- well buy cheap buy twice
Just the way i see it. QUIEN SABE
Offline Maddawgs  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:46:30 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: cczero Go to Quoted Post
Happened to flip on the TV this morning and saw an info-commercial for the NUWAVEPIC oven (https://www.nuwavepic.com/) and was wondering if this may be an option for use as a hot plate for my PSII kettle. I'm currently using propane but would like to have an alternate source of heat. The spec's state it uses 600W-1500W from low to sear and does not get hot to the touch, uses induction technology. Just curios if anyone else has seen this commercial or has thought about using it. I don't know how much weight it would tolerate. I am currently doing 5 gals of wash.

Thanks.

Hi cczero,
I actually thought about it. It looks pretty good in that you can control temp to the degree. But it is a bit pricey, I think 120 with shipping. I also don't think it would heat up a 15 gallon bucket to fast.
Todd
#4 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:58:09 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Just to embellish a bit unless a person knows something about the inductive heating process I would steer totally clear. The heater has to nearly match the size of your pot..which has to be made out of the right stuff..or have some kind of magic plate juxtaposed to interpret the data etc. The BH hotplate is a fine battle instrument for the small milk buckets. I have seen some which look about like it on ebay but not much price savings. I do not trust it much for doing 10-12 gallon loads..but it can do it for those who can think of inventive ways to brace it up and not get flattened. I would get one from Admin..use it for a while and send it back for a refund..but thats just me..lol. Takes about 90 mins to heat up a 5-6 gallon wash on the hotplate in question in normal weather and it do not take much longer than that for a double load. Keeps us posted. Thanks.

Originally Posted by: Maddawgs Go to Quoted Post
Hi cczero,
I actually thought about it. It looks pretty good in that you can control temp to the degree. But it is a bit pricey, I think 120 with shipping. I also don't think it would heat up a 15 gallon bucket to fast.
Todd
Offline makeet  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:16:06 AM(UTC)
makeet

I do now. Bought a cheaper one on amazon. I love it, start the run around 450, when it starts to boil back down to 210 or 220 and run slow.
Offline chooch  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:03:08 AM(UTC)
chooch

STOP...do your home work on that company that sells those NUWAVE...they have A LOT of dis satisfied customers. I dont know anything about the product if it works or not but the company that is selling them has a very bad reputation for non order fulfillment, over charging, no customer support. Just google NUWAVE Reviews...it'll save ya some head aches I'm sure.

Here I added one of the links

http://www.complaintslis...es-equipment/nuwave-pic/
Offline makeet  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:30:46 AM(UTC)
makeet

I didn't get that brand, some off brand, way cheaper, love it so far, no issues, can control my temp a lot better.
Offline auggy  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 12:01:13 PM(UTC)
auggy

Which one did you buy on amazon
Offline auggy  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 12:02:04 PM(UTC)
auggy

Originally Posted by: makeet Go to Quoted Post
I didn't get that brand, some off brand, way cheaper, love it so far, no issues, can control my temp a lot better.

Which one did you get on amazpn! just curious
Offline makeet  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:40:59 PM(UTC)
makeet

"
Originally Posted by: auggy Go to Quoted Post
Which one did you get on amazpn! just curious

I think it's called Burton max."