logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline muadib2001  
#21 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 12:44:15 PM(UTC)
muadib2001

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Maddawgs Go to Quoted Post
Only one I could think of was that Scottish delight (yuk)--Haggis. Take all the parts of a sheep you wouldn't normally eat on a dare and sew them up in the stomach, let em ferment in thier own juices then cook em and eat. Those Scotts must have huge cahones to even think of eating that. Hey maybe that's why the invented scoth whiskey-so they could wash the haggis down--balls and brains :)
Maddawgs
Actually, Haggis is cooked.

From Wikipedia:
Haggis is a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally encased in the animal's stomach and simmered for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a sausage casing rather than an actual stomach.

I think the only part I might have a problem with is the lungs in the modern commercial haggis.
Offline John Barleycorn  
#22 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 12:52:54 PM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Soy sauce is made is a manner somewhat similar to sake but with soy beans rather than rice ... soy beans, wheat, koji mold and yeast. It's amazing what koji and some yeast can do. :)