logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AAIndigo  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:59:13 PM(UTC)
AAIndigo

Groups: Registered

"So I had what I feel was a succesful first run and I now have 2.5 quarts of 175 proof Hooch. Can someone please tell me how much water (I'm assuming its water) I use to cut this product down to 100. Is there a calculation?

2nd run is fermenting as I type

Fun stuff
AA"
Offline Maddawgs  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:16:16 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: AAIndigo Go to Quoted Post
So I had what I feel was a succesful first run and I now have 2.5 quarts of 175 proof Hooch. Can someone please tell me how much water (I'm assuming its water) I use to cut this product down to 100. Is there a calculation?

2nd run is fermenting as I type

Fun stuff
AA

Hi AA,
Dilute 80oz (your 2.5 quarts) of 87.5% (175 proof) to 50% (100 proof) using 60oz (1.875 quarts) of h20. You should wind up with 4.4 quarts of 100 proof. I would suggest using distilled water or a water you know is good. You can find alcohol related calculators on the Brewhaus site. I've also found them on the hillbilly stills site. Hope this helps you out.
Maddawgs
Offline Bushy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:07:47 AM(UTC)
Bushy

Hi AA, here's a site that can help you make cuts in a very precise manner.

http://homedistiller.org/calcs/dilute
Offline Farmin in the woods  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:27:42 PM(UTC)
Farmin in the woods

"AA I learned that if you let it air out a couple days before you cut it, it loses some of the harshness and improves it quite a bit. I use coffee filters and screw the mason jar rings on and leave them a few days. I tried distilled water, then tap water, then rain water. I dont recommend distilled water, it gave mine an off flavor. I actually now draw up a couple gallon milk jugs of water a few days before i need it and leave it with the cap off, so as to remove the chlorine gas. After a couple days you can see bubbles on the side of the jug, I'm not sure but methinks thats the gas settling on the jug. I'd like to try some well water, but havent done it yet.
Regards,
Farmin"