logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline heartbeat  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:09:17 AM(UTC)
heartbeat

Groups: Registered

hello, im a newbee here from n.e. tx... lurking for about a month now just reading. ive been interested in building a still now for about 30 yrs (since 6th grade), when i bought a book "how to make your own alcohol fuel" iirc. not sure where that book is now, and ive never actually attempted a build. hope to change that soon. trying to decide on a build design or buy. i have ideas in my head, but i think i can buy for about the same amount of money as build. looking to do something before christmas.
Offline John Barleycorn  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:36:03 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"Hi Hearbeat,

Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
i think i can buy for about the same amount of money as build.
That's the way I saw things, so I went the buy route ... glad I did ... because finding the time to gather materials and put them together was another issue for me.

Regards,
--JB"
Offline Bushy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:17:03 AM(UTC)
Bushy

Welcome aboard Heartbeat, as JB said above if you want to get started, especially before Christmas, your better off buying. For the amount of money it costs to build and time spent it's cheaper and faster to buy.
Now once you know more about what you want to do and have some experience under your belt if you have a hankering for a project a build is a lot of fun. Also it can be very time consuming and expensive if you don't have the proper tools and knowhow to build.
This company makes some quality stuff at least in my opinion. Though there are other companies out there also.
Offline Hokey  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:50:16 PM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Welcome Heartbeat. this is a great site. Info and material. I went the buy route. I think building depends a lot on what you want to make. Pot still is easier to make than reflux. I want a good neutral so I am going to buy a reflux still. Build or buy it is an easy hobby to get hooked on.