logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maddawgs  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:20:00 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Groups: Registered

Is it possible to add something similar to a like button? I have read some posts that I thought were very helpful and or insightful. Maybe someway for a poster or reader to acknowledge something they found helpful. Just an idea.
Todd
Offline Crabby Krausen  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:28:17 AM(UTC)
Crabby Krausen

i just went to the "rate this thread and gave it an excellent-- I dont know where it will show up. Ill search now/
Offline Crabby Krausen  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:33:52 AM(UTC)
Crabby Krausen

This thread has 1---5 star rating now. Look where it is listed from the mainforum /ettiquite and ideas. Lets see what happens if others give it a 5 star. Will it show how many folks rated it at each star rating.
Offline Maddawgs  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:36:24 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Hi crausen,
Thanks for the rating.
Todd
Offline scotty  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:39:10 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

I just added another 5 star rating but it doesnt seem to be cumilative. At least i dont see it as being 2 votes.
Offline Mkjt88  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:49:20 AM(UTC)
Mkjt88

I just rated 5 stars also. What it does is average the votes and gives an overall rating on the Etiquette and Ideas page of the forum. Now on this thread if you click the Rate This Thread button again and hover over current rating it will tell you how many votes there are and the average. I think this is nice I haven't seen it used yet on the forum but would defiantly be nice if we all started rating informative threads so people browsing through the pages will know if it's worth while or not.. say like if a thread had 500 views but 1 star then they won't waste their time. I'm gonna try to remember to use it. Excellent suggestion maddawgs
Offline scotty  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:56:27 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

thanks for figuring it out.
Offline Maddawgs  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:07:00 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: Mkjt88 Go to Quoted Post
I just rated 5 stars also. What it does is average the votes and gives an overall rating on the Etiquette and Ideas page of the forum. Now on this thread if you click the Rate This Thread button again and hover over current rating it will tell you how many votes there are and the average. I think this is nice I haven't seen it used yet on the forum but would defiantly be nice if we all started rating informative threads so people browsing through the pages will know if it's worth while or not.. say like if a thread had 500 views but 1 star then they won't waste their time. I'm gonna try to remember to use it. Excellent suggestion maddawgs

Hi Mkjt88,
Thanks, that is kind of what I was thinking. A way to give a post or thread some value rating to some who had found it to be useful or helpful. I'll start using the rating system also.
Thanks, Todd