logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2007 3:34:31 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hey all,I have been wanting to do this with some mint and neutral,but dont want to oil up my column.I have been thinking that I can build a flavoring chamber,that connects to my take off valve,on my nixon/stone reflux.That way all that gets dirty is the chamber,and the take off line.
Kinda like a removable gin head.I will have to work on this,because im sure it will work.I want to make some peperment neutral schnapps.
wineo
#2 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 12:16:55 PM(UTC)

Hey Stew..hearty welcome. I seen them making Gin on TV one time and they started out with Vodky and added a handful of juniper beeries which was allowed to wallow around in there for a while. It seemed like a no brainer. These wannabe injuneers try to make things overly complex. You axe them what time it is..They tell you how to build a watch etc. Be careful...Be best to start out refluxing and deteriorate into pot stilling when turning into the slovenly mode. If a person happens to be a glutton for punishment you got to take out the bottom section and hook up the top where it only gets water to the condenser..which is the only available place to put water if you look at the diagram in the rule book. Takes good heat control. You got that..I forget right now. Kindly keeps us posted. Thanks. I love salty dawgs if you happen to make some Gin I will be glad to give it a taste critique. Thanks.
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:29:07 AM(UTC)

The water run is not productive volume wise. It will work much much better and efficiently when making hooch. Dont see any way that distillation vapor could be coming out the nipples on the column unless the cross pipes have holes in them. Must have been some residual water in the pipes or something. Your last paragraph is exactly right. If your trying to get rid of the water by condensing it your going to have to crank the heat up to the boiling point of water or that general vicinity. Alcohol vaporizes at much lower temps. PS Edit: Guess it could be possible to have a bad weld where the pipes are mounted in the column. Might let a little vapor come out beside the nipple like that. You know just to set the bung on there loosely? Dont shove it down tight or it very hard to get off. Also remove it prior to cooldown or it can form a vacuum and collapse the bucket.

Originally Posted by: Stew Go to Quoted Post
Heat control is one of my main concerns, thanks bigwheel. I'm not after refluxing for the time being, the stripping is being done separately. Here's the thing tho: this unit has a stainless tower with a reflux chamber near the top with two 3/8" nipples coming out from the sides, about 2" apart. Rubber bung on top with thermo. Continues down to condenser, which is basic, two nipples, one on top, other at the bottom. I tried connecting the hoses as usual, got some condensed water in a test, not nearly as much as I expected. If this were solvent, it would cost a pretty penny? I tried it with just two hoses on the condenser, but noticed some steam coming from the uppermost nipple on the reflux unit. This was the second test of this unit. I'm just trying to reclaim my solvent, and leave behind the essential oils which are already in the solvent, without burning. Need to know how you connect the hoses on a unit like this for just reclaim before maybe wasting precious material and solvent. Just top and bottom of condenser? Don't connect to reflux apparatus at top? I'm confused about the vapor I saw coming from the top nipple when I connected it this way. Do I have to weld em shut? BigGrin
I think what you're saying is to disconnect the reflux tower, leave rubber bung & thermometer in, and connect the intake, outflow hoses to condenser, as I did? (what about the steam/vapor coming out?). Dang, this simple method is getting confusing...
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:13:47 AM(UTC)

Well I got lost in the shuffle..lol. I have been fooled a time or two by the crazy hose clamps which come with my grand prize winning hooching moochine..but mainly as concerns leaking water from the condenser intake down the pipe into the hooch catching jar. I am still sorta pissed on that deal. My pipes is crossed every whichaway. You must have got a new model. I may have to call the Warden in here to figger this out. She loves mysteries..keeps us posted thanks.
#5 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 11:27:29 AM(UTC)

Hey Stew..just swelter the meds in a pound or two of butter..at the propa decarboxylating (sic) temps 170 f....Google is our friend too. It super simple. No use to ruin a good hooch maker to make brownies from the 60's..or 50's maybe? Some patients seem to prefer the old green dragon type deal. Cant make that with a skunky and aromatic oil challenged and infested high powered ethanol extractor. Could make your stuff taste funny. Have you priced Everclear lately? Can assure you it aint pleasant. Chicoms buying it all up seems like. Some of the folks who hang out on here are eat up with Meth and Moutain Dew..or LSD or something. Its hard to say sometimes. Kindly check in with the rational folks before getting too exotic. Thanks.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:01:49 AM(UTC)

New one on me Stew..but I always like to learn new stuff. Wonder why the proud owner of a hooch maker couldnt use ethanol as opposed to isopropyl alchychol? Bushy is sure right on the aluminum disc. Be the same as buying a thick bottomed boiler. Is this it?

http://michiganmedicalma...-cannabis-oil-vs-cancer/

It seems to be a slight variant of this

http://en.wikipedia.org/...Green_Dragon_%28drink%29

Or maybe a clone of this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_oil

It does not seem to require the use of an essential extractor other than to produce the ethanol solvent.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:35:57 PM(UTC)

Hey ya know..it just dawned on me why all the old hippies are so hot to get their hands on some full strength genereic everclear type stuff. Who woulda thunk it?
#8 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 2:16:35 AM(UTC)

Sorry to hear of those ailments. Making and using the meds should be an outstanding pursuit. Keep us posted on how it turns out..which is best etc. Thanks.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:49:12 AM(UTC)

Well not me of course..but pretty sure some of the folks who hang out on here do not understand the science behind what you are trying to accomplish. The recipe for the stuff you started out trying to clone only requires some medicinal herbs..everclear or a reasonable facimile thereof..wink wink. Crockpot..etc. Kindly give it to us straight..what are you trying to make? We might want to make some too. Thanks.