logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline scotty  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 1:41:48 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

"I want to get some corn essential oil.. This corn is from a can. I really believe that if i want to find corn that still has oil in it i must buy it on the cob.
The 500 ml boiling flask is really too small. I shal order a 1000ml one soon i hope. I will take half the corn out of this one and just see what happens when i run it.

UserPostedImage"
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 3:57:34 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Good Lawdy Miz Claudie. You fixing to squeeze oil out of canned corn? Whutever you smoking I got an old Viet Nam vet type pal who I am purty sure would take two bags sight unseen. Let me know and I will pass it on wink..wink. lol
Offline scotty  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 5:16:29 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Well distilling it on my little lab stil is not working but just boiling the corn does extract some oil. I will finish this first run by boiling the rest and wait till we get to the super market for a couple of ears of fresh corn. But the corn does not act like distilling essential oils The corn must add some starch to the water and then the heavier liquid just bubbles-- next time ill use lavender and a bio flask.. For the corn ill keep trying the just boil method.
I want to add the corn oil it to neutral spirits to emulate corn likker.
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 6:40:54 AM(UTC)

Sounds like a job for Wesson Oil to me..lol. What happen to the oil when the corn already got previously boiled in the canning process? Maybe want to shag the juice and forget the corn?
Offline DrDanCan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 8:44:22 AM(UTC)
DrDanCan

Groups: Registered

#6 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:56:18 AM(UTC)

Thanks Doc..its good to know how to make that kinda stuff.
Offline DrDanCan  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2012 12:25:27 PM(UTC)
DrDanCan

Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Doc..its good to know how to make that kinda stuff.

From what I see the KISS or SWAG principle applies to a lot of this hooch bizness. I can not find "essential corn oil" using Google, Bink, or Yahoo search engines so assume we are talking corn oil.

A tip to the wondering... If you have a favorite commercial whiskey mix it with your white dog at a 1 to 10 and see how it tastes. Aging on oak or JD smoking chips will be even better.
Cheaper than the essences I have tried that were not satisfactory...
#8 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 5:20:06 AM(UTC)

Sounds like a good plan on the commercial whiskey. Ashamed to say the last of the Ezra got drunk up back in Feb..sniff sniff. Good news is..just got two more qts started using januine JD barrell boards...JD smoking chips..fire toasted apple chips and a few pinches of CB dark toasty Oak chips. Been moving the first two in and out of the freezer and starting to look mighty choice. Since the lime flavor is fixing to be history suspect it be time to do a little eye ball proofing with crick water and having a sample. Whatcha think?
Offline fatboylo  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 6:12:25 AM(UTC)
fatboylo

Originally Posted by: scotty Go to Quoted Post
Well distilling it on my little lab stil is not working but just boiling the corn does extract some oil. I will finish this first run by boiling the rest and wait till we get to the super market for a couple of ears of fresh corn. But the corn does not act like distilling essential oils The corn must add some starch to the water and then the heavier liquid just bubbles-- next time ill use lavender and a bio flask.. For the corn ill keep trying the just boil method.
I want to add the corn oil it to neutral spirits to emulate corn likker.

Well friends I skiped that essential oil class......Went staright to hooching school........lmao What exactly is essential oils, and what are they used for????????
#10 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2012 9:25:00 AM(UTC)

My mind is running wild here but thinking maybe it some of the oil which the guys use to give each other erotic back rubs etc. Just guessing on some of this stuff of course.