logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:32:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Started a new one just a while ago. Into the Brute went the last of an original bunch (about 2 or 3 lbs) of good SF..donated by a pal..and faithfully kept in the original two gallon bag in which it arrived and in the ice box this whole time. Smelled Ok and didnt see any creepy crawlers. To this got added 3 cups Rye Flakes..20 lb. sugar and ..two gallon boiling water. Followed the recent good advice and grabbed a cup of the hot wash and an equal amount of ice cold water in a big pickle jar..which brought it rapidly into pitching range so a pinch of distillers yeast got added. Waiting another hour to dilute the main wash up to the 10 gallon level..then it normally take till daylight for that to cool down..at which time hopefully the yeast has had time to repopulate itself. If anybody thinks this needs a patent kindly speak up. Not even counting this was boys afternoon out at the titty..er I mean the sports bar. I have been a busy beaver as can be readily seen. That last cornmeal run is tasting mighty good as we speak. I went to the feed store to buy cracked corn or hen scratch..but they was overly proud of it. Did find out hen scratch has wheat and milo in it and cost a buck less. The man say corn related stuff going up yet again since Obamie and Alfgore are insisting on the crazy ethanol for cars deal 40% of the corn in the US is going for that nonsense. Best hang on Brothers and Sisters. It gonna get nasty out there. The guv'ment got more funny money to buy corn they we do apparently. I may be going back to tomater paste neutrals. Hopefully nobody can run a car on that stuff.
Offline DrDanCan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:04:08 PM(UTC)
DrDanCan

Groups: Registered

"Sounds like a plan and you are off to a good start. Rye and SF sounds like a good combination. Let us know how it turns out. Cool

With the major drought across the US corn prices are on the rise. Might be good to stock up a little before prices get even higher.Cursing"
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:13:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Yeppers dont seem to be headed nowhere but up..less somebody manages to pull the plug on the nutty tree huggers who seem to be running the show. Wasnt quite sure on the flavor combo...but it did not requiring buying anything new. Will keep you posted.