logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline arich211  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:02:53 AM(UTC)
arich211

Groups: Registered

can anyone give me some insight on this I was thinking about purchasing it as a beginer device looks like it would be easy to operate
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:39:34 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Must work fairly well..see an entire recipe section devoted to its use. Must be a lot of proud owners out there in the world. Reminds me a little too much of a high dollar electric water distiller of which we was the proud owner one time. Worked just as advertised for several years. They make a living selling you the carbon filters to go with. Heating element went out not in warranty...not worth fixing blah blah blah. Wound up in the scrap heap. Might consider owning one if it was absolutely not feasible to cook in a conventional manner. Know you will make the right choice on the matter. Kindly keeps us posted on what you decide. PS Edit: Woops I guess the Easy Still recipes are over at that off branded place since it dont seem to be on here:)
Offline hawkeyewanabe  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 2:44:32 PM(UTC)
hawkeyewanabe

Groups: Registered

"
Originally Posted by: arich211 Go to Quoted Post
can anyone give me some insight on this I was thinking about purchasing it as a beginer device looks like it would be easy to operate

I've been using mine for about a year. It's as easy as it looks and works. It makes about a quart(a little less) in about 2hrs.
First run comes out about 120 proof. I double distill to get a little better and better flavor. Bigger stills do better, but no water flow for cooling, no controlling temperature, etc... practically idiot proof, and it fits on a tabletop in by wetbar area. I live in a small house in a city, so it's perfect for my situation.
Just depends on what you're looking for:)"
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:21:59 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Thanks Hawkeye. Nothing like getting the scoop from an actual owner. Now yall are making me want one..lol. A liter of hooch aint bad for that small of a gizmo. That water distiller we had would make a gallon but it took several hours..and that was just trying for water. I threatened to pour some wine in it on several occasions but everybody say it would not work..so I just drank the wine. The boiler and heating element were bad about getting crudded up. We apparently have a lot of minerals (Rocks) in the municipal scum pond. CLR should be a persons best friend on those kinda deals. Helped a bunch on the water distiller anyway..