logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jrlevers  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 02, 2011 2:28:15 PM(UTC)
jrlevers

Groups: Registered

"I'm pretty new to distilling and due to time/$$$/space issues I've concocted a simple pot still that runs decently using a basic corn meal/sugar wash.

What I'm looking for is a basic molasses/sugar recipe to make roughly 2-4 gallons of wash. (I'm running a small system. I don't drink a lot and don't need a lot of excess liquor on hand.)

If anyone has any information (basic or involved) they would care to share, please, let me know!

Thanks!"
Offline sterlep  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 4:39:32 AM(UTC)
sterlep

Groups: Registered

"Golden RUM:

4.5 Gallons of Water( Note: total amount used in process).
10LB Light (or Dark) Brown Sugar + 8 OZ Molasses (Blackstrap)
Dissolve in 12 qt pot of very hot, 1 gal. water ,cool and pour into 5 gal. bucket, then add additional gal. of water. Divide the sugar/water solution between 2- 5 Gal. bucket(s).
Add to each bucket equal amounts of the remaining water and allow to cool until lukewarm.
Add 1/2 of Rum Turbo Yeast packet to each bucket and stir until distributed. Cover buckets for fermentation (~ 5 days
75 F), stir every 12 hrs until "complete". Follow "process" starting at "Fermentation Complete". Dilute "raw" rum to 45% (90 proof), add 3 OZ (6 TBSP) charred oak chips for two weeks, and then filter.

"Spiced Rum": (Start with "Golden Rum" and add the following to each Quart container:)
1 TSPN: Vanilla
1/3 TSPN: Cinnamon
2: Cloves
1 Pinch: Allspice
Infuse for 1 to 2 days or until powder particles congeal (intermix into a solid), then filter and add:
6 TSPN Caramelized sugar granules and allow to dissolve (Add white sugar to pan, saturate with lemon juice; heat and stir constantly until medium brown syrup results, do not burn. Pour hot syrup into foil pan and freeze. Break-up into small pieces, place between sheets of wax paper and with rolling pin crush into smaller pieces (granules) for ease measuring. Place any extra in small covered container and store in freezer until needed.

""process"" info for making/processing oak chips info upon request."